Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

AC int VS AC USA

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

Short question: what is the difference between Archicad International and Archicad USA?

Thanks
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
Henry wrote:
Hi,

Short question: what is the difference between Archicad International and Archicad USA?

Thanks
INT > Metric library and enviroment profile.
USA > Feets and inches Library and enviroment profile.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Reason I ask is that I can get a used version of AC11 but it is AC USA, I work in metric only - can I change the USA to metric or is it set?

Thanks
Of course You can use metric system with US version of AC

Furthermore the INT version will probably work with the USA key, but check the legal issues when using US version of AC outside US, read carefully the license.

Best Regards,
Piotr
owen
Newcomer
Piotr wrote:
Furthermore the INT version will probably work with the USA key, but check the legal issues when using US version of AC outside US, read carefully the license.
The INT version will work (well i know the AUS and INT versions both work on a AUS license).

As for the second 'licensing' point - i am not disputing what you are saying (i have not looked) however .... what a pile of crap.

Arbitrary geographical restrictions to prop up certain business models. We all use the same program, written by some guys in Hungary, running on essentially the same hardware.

Its like movie studios and their stupid Region Codes on DVDs, DRM, etc etc. Stop treating your paying customers like idiots or criminals. I have absolutely no hesitation in ripping movies to remove region encoding given the number of countries i have DVDs from. The same applies to software IMO .. if you have legitimately purchased something then you should be entitled to use that wherever you may be.

Thank god software companies have not managed to 'persuade' hardware manufacturers to incorporate some form of 'Region Code' horror in the computer industry.

(rant over)
cheers,

Owen Sharp

Design Technology Manager
fjmt | francis-jones morehen thorp

iMac 27" i7 2.93Ghz | 32GB RAM | OS 10.10 | Since AC5
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
All ArchiCAD versions can be downloaded from Bittorrent.
Here is the ArchiCADWiki article that has the details:

http://www.archicadwiki.com/ArchiCAD%20Bittorrent%20Downloads
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
TomWaltz
Participant
the only differences I know of between US and INT are:
- The metric library comes with INT and the Imperial library with US
- The INT numbers its ground floor 0 while the US version numbers it 1.
Tom Waltz
owen
Newcomer
TomWaltz wrote:
- The INT numbers its ground floor 0 while the US version numbers it 1.
and i seem to remember you cannot actually create a 'Storey 0' .. so you have -1 & 1. Not sure if this would cause any problems with multi-storey elements if people are collaborating using different international versions (a particularly realistic possibility now with AC13).
cheers,

Owen Sharp

Design Technology Manager
fjmt | francis-jones morehen thorp

iMac 27" i7 2.93Ghz | 32GB RAM | OS 10.10 | Since AC5