Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Does this make sense?

Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
Language shouldn't matter if I'm on the right way.
/M
AC 25 SWE Full

HP Zbook Fury 15,6 G8. 32 GB RAM. Nvidia RTX A3000.
11 REPLIES 11
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Mats:

For me, a filter (letting some of the Project through to a View) rather than a funnel would make more sense between the Project Map and View Map.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
David wrote:
For me, a filter (letting some of the Project through to a View) rather than a funnel would make more sense between the Project Map and View Map.
Or a camera. Or an eye. Better to reinforce the 'View' analogy I guess.
Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
David wrote:
Mats:

David
I'll second that! Thanks!
AC 25 SWE Full

Anonymous
Not applicable
David wrote:
Mats:

David
Or this...
61232-stainless-steel-meat-grinder-32.jpg
Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
Braza wrote:
David wrote:
Mats:

David
Or this...
Haha...ArchiCAD grinder edition...makes me want to watch Evil Dead again. I'll post the next version when I'm done. The figure is basically for students that need to understand the whole concept in....5 minutes...
AC 25 SWE Full

Erika Epstein
Booster
Braza wrote:
David wrote:
Mats:

David
Or this...
Love the meat grinder; Thanks for the laugh!
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Mats
I think what your trying to do should be an inspiration to anyone who writes
technical manuals.
Fun visualizations grab the visual artist more than the dry,(very dry) G.S.
type of explanations. (The G.S. videos really do put me to sleep!) No joke!

Your diagram reminds me of a series of technical manuals my dad had available for his flying students for teaching new private pilots how to grasp navigational concepts back in the 60's.
Yes they were a bit silly, (like one in particular of a pilot not paying attention to his instruments and flying a cartoonish plane almost into a mountian) but fun and easy to relate to in early phases of something new especially.

I actually like your funnel concept, it just needs multiple outlets, with small valves in each outlet to control what goes to different areas?
A fun multi funnel?:-))
Sorry I didn't have time to install the virtual electronic valves.
lec
Fun Multi Funnel.jpg
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Braza wrote:
David wrote:
Mats:

David
Or this...
That actually that looks like that thing my clients occasionally put me through.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
David wrote:
That actually that looks like that thing my clients occasionally put me through.
Actually here in Portugal our clients use the "turbo model".