Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

How to model wall recesses?

I'm having a problem modelling the following windows and walls.
(see attached image)

I have tried using an empty window to cut the recess and polygonal walls for the pillars between the windows. This still leaves some lines in story views and it's impossible to have a clean model, easy to modify later.

Besides SEO and modelling every wall around the windows (very non-productive) is there any way to solve this?

Thank you

Ion, architect.

AC12 on W7

wall.jpg
arch. ernest atanasiu
AC 10-26 INT/GER/FR on Win 10/ Win 11
11 REPLIES 11
how i modeled so far.
wall2.jpg
arch. ernest atanasiu
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Usinata,

I'd use a "Wall Niche" window...

HTH.
you saved me!
thank you!

i searched for every keyword possible in the library, but niche.
arch. ernest atanasiu
by the way, nice blog, i visited yesterday and tried to make the "Material da Parede" script, but with no succces, it gives me an error.
arch. ernest atanasiu
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Uisanata!

Miguel Kripphal created the blog and a couple of months ago he invited me and Patrícia Leão to contribute there... We are doing our best to improve the ArchiCAD portuguese community...

About the error... Could you tell me whats exactly the error message?...
i will attach the gdl script here. couldn't tell you exactly where is the mistake since this is my first GDL script ever.

it doesn't give an error message, but it just doesn't work.

Thank you.
arch. ernest atanasiu
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Uisanata,

Here it goes...

Master script:
if tMatSid = "Base" then rr = REQUEST ("Numele Materialului", WALL_MAT_A, nMatNam)
if tMatSid = "Opposite" then rr = REQUEST ("Numele Materialului", WALL_MAT_B, nMatNam)
if tMatSid = "Top" then rr = REQUEST ("Numele Materialului", WALL_MAT_EDGE, nMatNam)
Don't translate the "Name_of_Material" REQUEST... Its an internal variable not a string/text.
DEFINE STYLE "Stil_1" LABEL_FONT_NAME, rTexSiz, LABEL_ANCHOR_POS, LEBEL_FONT_STYLE
Also you have to change the "LABEL_ANCHOR_POS" to "1" (without quotations). This is my fault... but strangely I get no error message.

Parameter script:
values "tMatSid" "Base", "Opposite, "Top"
If you look carefully, there is a missing quotation mark after "Opposite".

Everything else seems to be fine.

Thanks for the feedback!

p.s.: If anybody feels interested about this label object, here is the whole story.
Anonymous
Not applicable
wouldn't a complex profile wall with the recesses already in it be the easiest????
Erika Epstein
Booster
I used a complex profile wall for a project but had problems with corner windows. I ended up putting an empty opening in the wall where the wall was set back, and then placing a regular wall the size of the empty opening. Into this regular wall I could easily insert corner windows.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"