BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Change default pens for Windows, Doors & Objects?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does anyone know how to change the default pens for Windows, Doors & Objects? I have been manually been changing them and saving them as favorites, but this is still time consuming. Thanks for your help.
5 REPLIES 5
Change them (the defaults) and save yourself a template, than start a project with it.

Best Regards,
Piotr
Anonymous
Not applicable
That is what I have been doing, but I was hoping for a way to not have to chance them individually for each window type, etc.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Dgrooms,

If you want to change the default pen color of a parameter, you'll have to open the gsm file (open library part) and change it in the object parameters window interface.

Personaly... I always avoid to change the standard library parameters... Specially pen sets.... Remember that if the library is updated you will have to do it all again!

Instead of changing each and every pen parameter of the library, you could create your own pen set (based on the standard one, changing the pen colors (and thicknesses) and apply it to your project views, layouts, drawings, etc...

HTH.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks. I'll give it a try. Hopefully (in 14 maybe!?!) they can give us a tool to set this stuff up more efficiently and permanently.

Thanks
vistasp
Advisor
dgrooms, if you always want your doors/windows to show with a different default colour/thickness, it might be quicker and more consistent to modify your pen set instead of tinkering around with each and every part in your door/window library.
= v i s t a s p =
bT Square Peg
https://archicadstuff.blogspot.com
https://www.btsquarepeg.com
| AC 9-27 INT | Win11 | Ryzen 5700 | 32 GB | RTX 3050 |
Learn and get certified!