Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Distinguishing Archicad Icon versions

Rob
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
This is supposed to be an appeal to a common sense.
The fact that Archicad icon of versions 10, 11, 12 and 13 can not be told apart is teetering on the edge of stupidity. I can not believe we are still struggling with such a basic error in UI design. We do not have the very same icon for two fundamentally different functions in AC itself so along this logic we must not have the same icon for so fundamentally different releases as e.g. 12 and 13 are. I do not have to go to details explaining an impact and consequences of mistakingly opening and resaving a file with different versions.

I believe this is easily fixable even in the next hotfix as it requires just a few hours of one designer (and I know there is a plenty of talented fellas at GS who would fix this in no time).

Customising icons by users is a fairly futile job especially in a big firm environment considering the shear number of installations as well as frequency of hotfixes which revert any icon customisation to default.

This wish has been repeated so many times even during alphas and betas that it is not funny anymore. I am truly annoyed by the current status especially seeing the solution triviality.
::rk
18 REPLIES 18
Karl Ottenstein
Absolutely essential.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Or they could just buy them from Ivo Venkov.
Wokka
Contributor
Or make your own... but what a waste of time...
essential
icons.jpg
Warwick Lloyd-Martin
3 D E N V I R O N M E N T
http://www.3de.com.au
Windows 11 Pro 64bit
ArchiCad 4.55>27 AUS
Lumion 12.5/2023
D5 Render
Anonymous
Not applicable
This is an absolute pain! and has to be changed - where's the common sense!?!?
andrewzarb
Booster
Here's some I prepared earlier...
Hey I'm happy for Graphisoft to use them!
dock.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
I made icons with numbers upon them for each version.
Essential!
Thomas Holm
Booster
Wokka wrote:
Or make your own... but what a waste of time...
essential
Admittedly a workaround, but Iconographer http://www.mscape.com/ is a free download for the mac. Makes adding numbers to the icons a matter of seconds.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
These are my icons for AC.
I wish I could make such for pln files made by different versions!
AC Icons.gif
Barry Kelly
kliment wrote:
I wish I could make such for pln files made by different versions!
You can if you do it manually.
You just have to paste an image into the Project Preview of a PLN.
If you do it to your template then all PLN's saved from that will have the same icon.
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11