Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Snap to interior lines of wall???!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
All I'm trying to do is dimension to rough framing on a wall. WHY CAN'T I SNAP TO THE INSIDE OF DRYWALL?! the only snaps I have available are to outside most lines of the wall and my reference line. WHY

I am so frustrated with AC right now. I'm finally starting to get faster and then this stupid problem stops me... still don't like 2D drafting, my file is really clunky with a DWG xrefed into it, not sure why... Just selecting elements seems to be slow and requiring too much concentration. I'm not interested in binding the x ref though I want the layers separated.
Offsetting? not as easy as it should be. Anyone??
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
I had same problem recently _

Make sure that in the Composites Structure window panel the component part of the wall that you want to dimension to as a core is checked off as a core component (two check boxes at bottom of panel, one is for Core and the other is for Finish). If it is not checked as Core the auto dimension won't recognize it as such.
Learn and get certified!