BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

begginer problem with architerra

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, as you se I'm just new one with architerra,and I have a problem at the beginning I read user manual but couldn't figure out how to make 3D terrain using those hotspots and lines.I imported DXF file, and AC12 accepted it.But everything is still 2D.I think that theres is no problem,but I don't know what is next step, sorry
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
You may need to give us a little more detail on your procedures.

If you imported the DWG using Architerra then the likelihood is that it did not contain any 3D data. If you imported (ie merged or placed as drawing) using ArchiCAD's built-in functions then you will only get 2D elements. (ArchiCAD can only import 3D DWG as a library part and this is of no help to Architerra.)

There are several ways to input the 3D data manually if you don't have it in the DWG. I don't have time to go into it here. You should take another look at the Architerra docs for the details or can try a search here on the forum and wiki.
Anonymous
Not applicable
ok i had file in dwg, so I opened it in autoCad and saved as DXF.So obviously it isn't 3D file isn't it and imported it via DXF tool in architerra palette.
Fabrizio Diodati
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Sometime reading the user manual could help...

Importing the data using DXF or TXT format is not enough: I mean in this way you just imported the data describing the terrain but you still don't get the terrain model.
You have to define the terrain perimeter by using the Ourline tool and then build the terrain using the Terrain tool.

Friendly
Fabrizio
Fabrizio Diodati
Graphisoft Italy Srl | Via Rossignago 2/A Spinea Venezia 30038 Italy
Learn and get certified!