Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

!Restored: AC11 - No Mac OSX support for Google Earth Connections?

matthewjj
Newcomer
Google Skecthup import add-on & Google Earth Connectivty plug-in were supposed to be available on OSX in Archicad 10 but has never been release (it was released for windows as a beta for AC 9 & 10). Is there some reason why it isn't possible for this to work on OSX? We had the Sketchup Import plug-in back on AC 9. I don't understand why we don't have this for AC 10 still, ONE ENTIRE YEAR LATER!!!

And now AC11 is coming out in a couple of weeks and the graphisoft website indicates that Google Connectivity will be available upon the release of AC 11 for windows. There is absolutley no indication of an OSX release for Google Connectivity.

Can somone shed a little light on this issue for me?
Is it because of Leopard?

I am starting to feel like if I have to run Parallels+XP on my MAC in order to get the most out of Archicad 11, I may as well just switch to REVIT since that is what everyone else in the industry is using, plus it has MEP and Structural solutions. If Graphisoft continues to neglect the Mac user base (which has to be close to 50% of their user base), I think they will find most of them switching to REVIT now that in effect every new MAC is also a PC. If Graphisoft's reason for why they can't integrate new features for the mac is because they are short on programmers, I wonder how many programmers they will be able to afford when they lose their all their Mac users?

...quick math:
100k+ Total User base X 50% (mac users) = 50k+ mac user
50k+ Mac user base X $800 (yearly upgrade) = $40,000,000
...that sounds like a lot of programmers out of a job (although I guess REVIT would be hiring due to all the new users).

Picture 11.png
matt johnson
archicad since 2004
imac 27, 4.2 GHz Intel i7, 16 GB RAM, radeon 575 4 GB, macOS 10.14.6
imac, 4.0ghz i7, 16gb ram, Radeon M9 390 2GB, OS X El Capitan
12 REPLIES 12
owen
Newcomer
Thomas,

Thanks for the links ... this sounds like very good news indeed. The Snow Leopard support for .DAE files looks particularly interesting .... being able to Quick Look a 3D model and zoom, rotate, etc

cheers,

owen
cheers,

Owen Sharp

Design Technology Manager
fjmt | francis-jones morehen thorp

iMac 27" i7 2.93Ghz | 32GB RAM | OS 10.10 | Since AC5
Thomas Holm
Booster
owen wrote:
Thanks for the links ... this sounds like very good news indeed. The Snow Leopard support for .DAE files looks particularly interesting .... being able to Quick Look a 3D model and zoom, rotate, etc
Please note, I just said there is still ground for hope. Now, let's hope GS will include this as well!
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
owen
Newcomer
Yes of course it does not guarantee anything - but moving to a more open file format cannot help but improve the situation
cheers,

Owen Sharp

Design Technology Manager
fjmt | francis-jones morehen thorp

iMac 27" i7 2.93Ghz | 32GB RAM | OS 10.10 | Since AC5