BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

TW2 it's not just for the big boys

Erika Epstein
Booster
Rod Jurich wanted to try the BIMserver with me so I started a small house as a test file. He's too busy playing with TW2, so I thought I would post this shot of the people from around the globe who signed into and left a note today. Karl is also playing in the file along with Rod Nicely we can hope

TW2 is light years ahead of the old TW. It revolutionizes how solo practitioners all the way up to the big firms can collaborate on work around the planet.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
18 REPLIES 18
Karl Ottenstein
Hey, and check out the design!

Seriously, it is very cool that Rod (Australia), Erika (California) and I (Montana) can be working at the same time over the internet and pretty fluidly.

Something that I did not realize until tonight was that the reservation status is updated immediately on clients. So, whatever view I'm in - although 3D was the most interesting - I can dynamically see building elements change color (in color-by-user mode) as Erika or Rod reserve things. Of course, I have to do a 'receive changes' to actually see what they've done

OK, gotta go, Erika released the roofs... 😉

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Erika Epstein
Booster
Yes,
The 2nd story is a collaboration between Rod and Karl. I guess they like lots of natural ventilation

While they worked they could see the other adding elements ;send and recieve was just a second for such a large project.
Note the solar panels.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Rod Jurich
Contributor
Erika wrote:
/..... Karl is also playing in the file along with Rod Nicely we can hope

TW2 is light years ahead of the old TW.
It revolutionizes how solo practitioners all the way up to the big firms can collaborate on work around the planet.
Without doubt this will have a huge impact on all who want to think outside of the square.

Many thanks to all at GS

Attached a WIP of what to expect from the next generation of good design, tongue in cheek

Just so excited about the possibilities. Thanks to Erika and Karl also.
Screen shot 2009-09-22 at 11.52.11 AM.png
Rod Jurich
AC4.55 - AC14 INT (4204) |  | OBJECTiVE |
Anonymous
Not applicable
LOL

So now people on the other side of the world can muck up your models, not just the ones in your office that you can give a clip around the ears.
Rod Jurich
Contributor
s2art wrote:
LOL
So now people on the other side of the world can muck up your models,/....
Come join the party Stuart
Rod Jurich
AC4.55 - AC14 INT (4204) |  | OBJECTiVE |
Anonymous
Not applicable
Rod

I was about to loose my cool when I saw you were playing with 13 and TW2 until I read your sig and noticed you're on the Int version!
Do you have any insider news as to when the Aus version is due to drop?
Not only am I keen to get my hands on 13 and play but we also have a project coming online that would be perfect to really thrash TW2!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Kristian wrote:
Rod

Do you have any insider news as to when the Aus version is due to drop?
Kristian,

I was contacted by GS Brisbane about launch for AC13 hear in Brisbane on 20th October.

I am led to believe that it will be arriving to those with Select membership in the next week, with Aus Essential Library to arrive approx 2 weeks after that. I do not have this confirmed by anyone at GS Aus but my contact who gave the info is usually very close to the mark.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Wayne

Yeah I just got the same line from GS here!!
We're lucky in that we are Select members but it's still looking like mid Oct for us too!
I must admit I am over the waiting now!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Great Idea Erika!

Can't wait to join the team and give the project a portuguese touch.
Learn and get certified!