Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Velux Roof windows

ArcAngel
Participant
I have been trying to use Velux's roof window object/plug-in but can only find it in Hungarian. Unfortunately my Magyar is very rusty! Has anyone translated this into English - I've searched every one of Velux's international sites and e-mailed every one of them as well - but to no avail.

Here's a link to the object:

http://www.velux.hu/Szakfórum/Építészfórum/Tervezési-segédanyagok/VELUX+CAD/Könyvtárak/
Carlo
AC4.5 - AC 25 (User since 1992)
46 REPLIES 46
Erika Epstein
Booster
Djordje wrote:
AFAIK the GDL plugin works correctly only in M$ Explorer ... and I don't really know who still uses that? Explorer I mean 😉
I keep it around as there are still sites that work better using it, this exercise being one of them. Still the velux windows and one other that I tried to download crashed IE.
Lots of many nice library parts.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Thomas Holm
Booster
Djordje wrote:
...get a two generations old computer, hook on via a dialup, access the site. If it works, it will work for Thomas too!
I guess that's the final blow (where's the 'dead' emoticon?)
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Djordje
Ace
Thomas wrote:
Djordje wrote:
...get a two generations old computer, hook on via a dialup, access the site. If it works, it will work for Thomas too!
I guess that's the final blow (where's the 'dead' emoticon?)

Just kidding, Thomas!

It is well known that people usually don't try their work on older machines and slower connections ... and then get surprised when the users complain.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Thomas Holm
Booster
Djordje wrote:
Just kidding, Thomas!
I know, I know. Just my mood today...

This one's pretty good:
And this one at least gives some slight hope of recovery:
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I’d like just to add some comments to the VELUX and Tondach ArchiCAD solutions.
First, I’m happy to know that our solutions circulate not only in Hungary but in your countries.

We have developed GDL and API solutions for manufacturers about for 10 years. You have to know that our „CAD solutions for manufacturers” business model based on that the manufacturers have to pay for the development and it’s free for users/architects.
So, example the VELUX Hungary and Tondach Hungary paid for it almost in the every year for the developing new features or new own products, etc ( and the others such as Hörmann, Roto, Rigips, Baumit, Akzo-Nobel, etc). And they have a right to distribute it in Hungary, but they haven’t right to translate or improve it. (The developing takes about 1-6 monts per a project.)

We have try to many times to bring over the manufacturer's parent companies to translate it many languages, but it’s not so easy. The first bigger result that the Roto roofwindows company assign us to develop their products (in GDL) more than 10 languages (unfortunately it doesn’t contain the english or french) it’s an ongoing project.

So, I think the best way to assure the manufacturers if the architects bomb them with their demands. It works here in Hungary.

Well, as the mentioned projects were developed to the hungary market that’s why it hasn’t to translate to the others. But we would like help to You, therefore we try to translate the User’s Guides to english if You’d like it. I hope it will helps you. And besides this the hungarian UI not so complex to understand.

Best Regards,

Ila

Endre, Ilauszky
Graphisoft CAD Studio
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Everybody,

I have published the english version of the VELUX CAD 2009 HUN roof windows library. It contains: roof windows, roof terrace, suntunnel, accessories, etc without the customized listing.

You can to download it from:

http://www.cadstudio.hu/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=49

or

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/object_depository.php

Note: it's based on the hungarian product range.

Best Regards,
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Ila! It was a long standing wish.

It would be also great to see a link to the VELUX site in the object page in the depository...
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

it is possible that we will to modify the VELUX library (that is on the GDL Depository).

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/object_depository.php?browse=Depository/08%20Doors-Windows

Has somebody any new idea that would like to see in the library? (function, product, etc)

Best regards,
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello!

First of all.. nice work!
Second.. How can I put the Velux window in the roof so it has the same angle and is imbeded in the roof? If I click/put the window on the top of the roof it floats somewhere below the roof. They are not as one...
Don't these windows act the same way as the skylight windows from the original AC library?
Or maybe it's a feature, not a bug
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

thanks your feedback.

It has to work the same way as the AC roofwindows library.

The VELUX library works with the skylight tool doesn' with the Object tool.
Maybe it's the problem.

If it doesn't works with the skylight tools, please send me an image about the planview and 3D view.

Best Regards,