Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Mac Users, or "the ones left behind"?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everyone,
We are a newly-found small architectural design company based in Italy.
At this point in time we are still working on optimizing our work procedures and time management so to make the best out of our time, improve the quality of our designs presentation, documentations etc.. We are extremely happy with our choice of AC12 last January, although we still need to fully understand its potential, and maybe upgrade to AC13 (please read http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=29606).

We'll probably get some plug-ins to improve our work (please read http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=29605).

Unfortunately, there are several important tools we cannot use:

the 64-bits version of AC13, for example?
the VBE?, coming soon?
The Google Earth Connections?
The SketchUp Connections?

Does anyone know if and when we mac users will be able to catch up?
Is there any upcoming change in this situation?

Thanks

Enrico
6 REPLIES 6
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I do not see whether you are on Windows or Mac.
AC13 is 64-bit on Windows, development of 64-bit AC is a much bigger task on Mac so it will take more time:

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=152757&highlight=#152757

VBE multiplatform is coming in October:

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=153479&highlight=#153479
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Dwight
Newcomer
Simply getting VMWare Fusion lets you drive any PC application on the Mac. Your Archicad disk can be installed for both PC and Mac and can use the PC-only features: Google, VBE and SketchUp.

Yes, it is an extra step, but that is how it goes.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dwight wrote:
Simply getting VMWare Fusion lets you drive any PC application on the Mac. Your Archicad disk can be installed for both PC and Mac and can use the PC-only features: Google, VBE and SketchUp.

I assume this is ok license-wise?
Karl Ottenstein
amonle wrote:
I assume this is ok license-wise?
Yes. I use Parallels rather than Fusion. Same thing. The virtual machine appears as a different computer to the WIBU key software, so you cannot run ArchiCAD on both at the same time with a single license. In Parallels, you can re-assign the WIBU key to the virtual machine from the USB pop-up. Or, you can use the WIBU network configuration via WkConfig to access the key handled by OS X over the 'network'.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dwight wrote:
And Extra $$$ to use features free to PeeCee users. I understand the difficulties to Graphisoft and that the Sketchup issue is Google's not Graphisoft's but that doesn't make it suck any less....

Wow... I'm surprised suck got censored.... Sorry to those that I might have offended...
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
SteveC0013 wrote:
Dwight wrote:
And Extra $$$ to use features free to PeeCee users. I understand the difficulties to Graphisoft and that the Sketchup issue is Google's not Graphisoft's but that doesn't make it <b>[censored]</b> any less....

Wow... I'm surprised <b>[censored]</b> got censored.... Sorry to those that I might have offended...
Do not worry, no one except you knows what that word was. They just see this: [censored].
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27