Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Where do the output from PRINT statement go?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm trying to script a an object in gdl. Now I've generated some coordinates that gives me a problem. I get a run-time error. The problem is, I can't inspect them. I try to use a PRINT statement, but I do not find the output. Please help me before I tear all my hair off
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Anne,

You can place the PRINT command right after the script you suspect there is the source of the problem. If its a loop sequence, then place it inside the loop and the PRINT command will generate a window with the variables instance values... like:
PRINT MyFlopyVarX, MyFlopyVarY
HTH.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Anne wrote:
I'm trying to script a an object in gdl. Now I've generated some coordinates that gives me a problem. I get a run-time error. The problem is, I can't inspect them. I try to use a PRINT statement, but I do not find the output. Please help me before I tear all my hair off
The result of a PRINT statement should be a message box that appears and shows what you included in the PRINT statement. You then have to OK the Message Box for the script to continue.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Anne,

please check the "Interrupt with error massages" or the "Write Report" checkboxes in the Work enviroment. These have to be check in.
Anonymous
Not applicable
That helped. I had unchecked the "Interrupt with error messages", so that was the reason why I could not see the output. So thank you very much