BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Editing walls and columns

Anonymous
Not applicable
1)How to increase (strech)wall height from the bottom, that is bellow the story level.(this wall is trimed to roof so can't elevated and adjust)
2)How to draw footing for walls and columns,if i draw using wall tool(complex profile ) than the columns and footings are shown as 2 units (if i click on them to select ,both needs to be selected seperately)
Is it ok if they are shown as 2 units? (don' t know much about 3d presentations)

3)ALSO tell me what level of details needs to be shown in archicad drawings in general?
it would be great if somebody upload a sample residential project?
thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
i want to strech the wall as the orange shade part shown in figure below.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Does stretching the wall downwards with the bottom nodes not work, or am I missing something?
Anonymous
Not applicable
yes it does work,i was trying it in floor plan all the time so couldn't get it .and how to paint the streched portion with a different colour.
thanks
but what @ my second question @drawing footing and intersecting it with a wall or a column.
Anonymous
Not applicable
If you need the stretched portion to be a different colour, make this wall using a complex profile. Do this by selecting the existing wall, right-click, then select 'Capture profile of Selection'. Add an extra node in the polygon where you want the change of material to occur, then edit the material of the part of the wall below.

Question 2 - Personally I would model the walls separately from the foundations. This will give you better control over what is displayed on plan.

Put all foundation and substructure elements on a new storey below ground level. Set all these elements to display on home storey only then they won't interfere with the ground floor plan. These elements should be on different layers too for maximum control.

In question 3, are you asking what level of detail you need to model? Usually I model all features that would appear on a 1:50 scale drawing. I would then enhance larger scale details extracted from them with 2d lines, fills and library parts.

Hope that helps!
Learn and get certified!