Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

All MODO

http://www.luxology.com/gallery/image.aspx?id=5480

Shot at 2009-09-24

I am not so sure about how much of this is a photo.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Steve wrote:
I am not so sure about how much of this is a photo.
A good render, but if you want me to be picky....

The building on the left is original (look at curtains in windows, roof tile detail and spouting) while the one on the right is modeled (lack of fine detail in windows, no spouting at roof edge and texture fuzz on roof surface). Not sure if the plant pot near the car is real, lighting looks off but it could be surface colour.

Interesting that the pattern of efflourescence is the same on left and right side brick walls.
owen
Newcomer
The render and photo are stitched together around the corner wall at the bottom centre of the image. Basically the wall on the right of the corner is original, rendered to the left. There might be a bit of texture work in PS around the corner to blend the two (adding dirt, stains etc). Note the capping brick at the corner - its the biggest giveaway. Car and planting + pot in front are all the real deal.

A bit of PS work to get rid of the consistent texturing would help alot .. and yes, put something behind the glass so its not so mirror like.

Modo looks very interesting - unfortunately haven't had time to play with it
cheers,

Owen Sharp

Design Technology Manager
fjmt | francis-jones morehen thorp

iMac 27" i7 2.93Ghz | 32GB RAM | OS 10.10 | Since AC5
Thanks for pointing those out. It makes the rendering more interesting to me.

How do you like this one! This is not Modo.
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=807972

Shot at 2009-09-25

Wire frame below.

Shot at 2009-09-24

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Steve wrote:
Thanks for pointing those out. It makes the rendering more interesting to me.

How do you like this one!

Shot at 2009-09-25

Wire frame below.

Shot at 2009-09-24

..........that's not Modo.

That's 3ds Max; with what looks to be VRay as the rendering engine (although I can't be sure since those proxies used for the cars could just as easily be MentalRay.)

And it's all 3D and 3D models (with proxies fro the cars and trees, and billboards for the people.). No photomatching.
Anonymous
Not applicable
You can still tell its a render, but I wouldn't mind, its a very nice image. Wish more people within architecture would do "gritty" visualisations; I have seen before and after shots, done as part of a planning submission, where the after shot had bluer sky and greener grass than before. This has a really pleasingly down to earth feel to it, and the model is quite nicely detailed, not relying on textures.