Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Little 2d Shear Symbol object

Anonymous
Not applicable
I used AC12's (save selection as) to make the Shear Symbol you see on the left of the attached image, with the 3 as static part of it, simply using it as a stamp and I fill in the length of the shear wall in the square box that is attached to the triangle has worked ok.

But now I'd like to get the static 3 to "right' itself when I turn symbol upside down or on it's side.

I tried to find script in the AC12 GDL manual, but I guess I'm blind.
Found what I think should work in Andrews excellent GDL Handbook(pg 184), but my lack of understanding of GDL has me at a loss as how to implement it.

Inside the green boxes of the attachment are what I added to try and get text to rotate, but as you see, (after several abortions of shown modifications), I'm still not getting "gdl ok".
I did change it's subtype to label.

I should add; I don't need to scale it and don't need to change the number in the triangle.

Any help appreciated.
Thanks
lec

Shear Callout Symbol-3.png
21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Lec,

I don't use PARAGRAPH that much, but If I well remember it only handles pen, text styles and material... Try to put the transformations outside the PARAGRAPH.

HTH.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.
Between "PARAGRAPH" and "ENDPARAGRAPH" recorded only the definition of a paragraph. The commands coordinate transformation there should not be recorded.
Place RICHTEXT2 between commands coordinate transformation.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Paulo
Thanks for your reply.
I tried putting the "transformation" before paragraph (no go) and as you see, is now after(1) and Check Script says gdl ok, which it is not.
See black dot of demise (2)
I've tried other of my amateur combinations guesses of what's in my red box 1 and some give me "GDL Ok" as you see, but object still goes away
or I get error messages.

Valery
Thanks for you reply also.
I tried to use your Richtext2 "between commands coordinate transformations" but guess I don't understand where or how to put it in, as it seems no matter what combinations I try, I get error messages.
lec
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

Here is some kind of structure for the mentioned object. Would have
tested, but did not have your complete code.

This is just the code after the last of line2's;

define style "AC_STYLE_1" .........
set style "AC_STYLE_1"

paragraph "AC_PRG_2" ........
endparagraph

textblock "AC_TEXTBLOCK_2" ......... "AC_PRG_2"

rot2 -symb_rotangle
pen 141
richtext2 xcoord, ycoord, "AC_TEXTBLOCK_2"
del 1

Hope this works.

Regards, Juha
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Juha

Hopefully I got the basic idea of what you wrote.
My Shear Schd box does not disappear now.
All looks good until I try to rotate it.
The "box" rotates alright of course, but the text disappears, until I rotate the "box" back to upright.
I tried to look up the error message in the AC12GDL pdf (pages 155 and 174) but could not determine what it was asking me to do.
Is it something really simple at this point, or did I totally screeww it up?
Thanks for your help.
lec
Anonymous
Not applicable
An attempt at attaching zip of word.doc of Shear Box script.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, lec.
lec1212 wrote:
The "box" rotates alright of course, but the text disappears, until I rotate the "box" back to upright.
The text does not disappear. He moves very far from the box.
lec1212 wrote:
Valery
Thanks for you reply also.
I tried to use your Richtext2 "between commands coordinate transformations" but guess I don't understand where or how to put it in, as it seems no matter what combinations I try, I get error messages.
Make the following way.
define style "AC_STYLE_1"   "Arial", 8'-1.2222", 0

paragraph	"AC_PRG_2" 1, 0'-0.0000", 0'-0.0000", 0'-0.0000", 3'-3.3701"
    pen        141
    set style "AC_STYLE_1"
               "3"
endparagraph

textblock	"AC_TEXTBLOCK_2" 16'-2.4444", 5, 0'-0.0000", 3'-3.3701", 3'-3.3701", 3'-3.3701", "AC_PRG_2"

pen 141

add2 721836'-10.1881", -180162'-8.2321"
mul2 1, 1-symb_mirrored
rot2 -symb_rotangle
	richtext2	0, 0, "AC_TEXTBLOCK_2"
del 3
Please note, I installed the coordinates of the text in "richtext2" to 0. And those coordinates that were there, set up "mul2" and "rot2".
But before you do this, you must re-draw a box with the text and create a library part. Why? Because the current version of the text has the wrong settings. They create problems which are difficult to manage.
The text should have a central anchor, centered alignment and have no wrapping.
I do not know what you are doing, but it looks like "Elevation-Section Marker" from the topic.
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=6319

Could you tell me how you intend to use your object? With scalable or fixed size (size of print)? Then, I would be able to show vidio how to do it.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Valery
What I did was re-create the object with the text sitting right on top of Project Origin, anyway that's what I thought you meant to clean it up a bit.
I hope that is a cleaner AC generated object.
The scale stays at 1/4" (1/50)metric)? (never needs to change).
Sorry, I don't understand what you mean by "wrapping".
Then I pasted your code in.
However still getting error message as you can see.
I'm sorry I'm such a novice at this, I'm probably missing the obvious.

This is not a elevation marker, just a almost "dumb" stamp except that the text in the Triangle needs to rotate right side up, but does not need to change.
The Text in the square box, I add in after placement, so it is not part of "sched box" and does NOT need to rotate.

You asked, so I hope this makes sense;
This "stamp"(triangle part) is to identify which Row in a Shear Schedule I'm referring to, and the length I add in to the square box part depending on where I place it and how long the Shear wall is.

The thick lines you see it pointing to are just visual representations of the
length that is called out in the Box part.
I'll try to attach the gsm in next post below,above.
Thanks for your help!
ps, And sorry for my poor Russian:-))
lec
Anonymous
Not applicable
And here's the 2d.gsm