Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

exporting to c4d

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think that I've tried just about all the various options and so far find the OBJ format to work the best. However, when I export by materials, which makes sense, ALL the AC geometry of that material comes in as ONE single polygon object in C4D. This is a major, major pain as there is no easy way to split all the polygons like the explode command in autocad...you have to do it polygon by polygon. What I would really like to see in the file transfer is all the polys of one material to come in under a single null object in C4D so that each part is easily accessed amd edited in C4D and yet comes in already "sorted" by material under the null object. This would save a lot of time. By the way, that is the way FormZ objects come in, except I used to do it by layers, but same concept.

Have I missed an option here somewhere that might work better? I did try the AC to C4D exchange plugin...and offhand can not remember the results as far as how the geometry came in.
151 REPLIES 151
owen
Newcomer
Phil,

I highly recommend trying out dinnye's plugin - it does a great job, even better than the old 'official' plugin did. You have all the old options + more.

cheers,

owen
cheers,

Owen Sharp

Design Technology Manager
fjmt | francis-jones morehen thorp

iMac 27" i7 2.93Ghz | 32GB RAM | OS 10.10 | Since AC5
Eduardo Rolon
and it is compatible with C4D 10.5, the new GS Beta is not.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Wokka
Contributor
Sounds good. I just need R13 to be delivered to test it on.....
Warwick Lloyd-Martin
3 D E N V I R O N M E N T
http://www.3de.com.au
Windows 11 Pro 64bit
ArchiCad 4.55>27 AUS
Lumion 12.5/2023
D5 Render
Eduardo Rolon
Using AC13 and C4D R10.5 works perfectly, updating the geometry and materials and it is identical to the original Exchange Plugin.

The only question I have is that there are two options to export from AC, (ac4d) and (ac4d+). Both work and they have the same export options. At least at first glance.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
ejrolon wrote:
The only question I have is that there are two options to export from AC, (ac4d) and (ac4d+). Both work and they have the same export options. At least at first glance.

AC4D+ can export the uvw coordinates.
I have extended the AC4D+ other features . The clean AC4D format compatibility remains.
See differences
Unfortunately, I did not have a complete manual.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Each plugin updated (import, export). The main changes are:
* Texture transfer
* Expanded material properties transfer
* A few minor development
* A few bug fixes
Wokka
Contributor
Quick question, anyone loaded R13 ArchiCad with the new plugin and R10.5 C4D onto Windows 7?
I just got the new machine and been advised to be cautious.....
How can you be cautious loading software,??

Cheers
Warwick Lloyd-Martin
Windows 11 Pro 64bit
ArchiCad 4.55>27 AUS
Lumion 12.5/2023
D5 Render
Anonymous
Not applicable
The plugin was not tested with Windows7 (XP, vista tested). If the C4D R10.5 running on Windows 7, is in principle not be a problem with it. The plugin is only of use C4D commands. The system calls for C4D handles.

Cheers
Wokka
Contributor
Cheers,
I'll let you know later how it goes.....
"drum roll here for effect......"
Warwick Lloyd-Martin
Windows 11 Pro 64bit
ArchiCad 4.55>27 AUS
Lumion 12.5/2023
D5 Render
Wokka
Contributor
Just to let you know, so far, all good!
(Once the idiot operator sees the import is now in the plugins directory, I was pulling hair for a while.... )
Will test more over the weekend....
1:30 am...tooo....tired.......

Great plugin!!!
Warwick Lloyd-Martin
Windows 11 Pro 64bit
ArchiCad 4.55>27 AUS
Lumion 12.5/2023
D5 Render