Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Little 2d Shear Symbol object

Anonymous
Not applicable
I used AC12's (save selection as) to make the Shear Symbol you see on the left of the attached image, with the 3 as static part of it, simply using it as a stamp and I fill in the length of the shear wall in the square box that is attached to the triangle has worked ok.

But now I'd like to get the static 3 to "right' itself when I turn symbol upside down or on it's side.

I tried to find script in the AC12 GDL manual, but I guess I'm blind.
Found what I think should work in Andrews excellent GDL Handbook(pg 184), but my lack of understanding of GDL has me at a loss as how to implement it.

Inside the green boxes of the attachment are what I added to try and get text to rotate, but as you see, (after several abortions of shown modifications), I'm still not getting "gdl ok".
I did change it's subtype to label.

I should add; I don't need to scale it and don't need to change the number in the triangle.

Any help appreciated.
Thanks
lec

Shear Callout Symbol-3.png
21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous
Not applicable
And here's how I'm using it ,visually.
If the 1 (one) was upside down, then whoever's reviewing, would not know if the 9 was a 9 or a 6.
In the side ways usage probably not as big a deal, but still would like triangle number to be upright.
Hope that makes a least some sense.
And as you can see, for now my workaround was to make a special upside down Sched Box, (upper one).
lec
Sched.Box.png
Anonymous
Not applicable
Then I pasted your code in.
However still getting error message as you can see.
I'm sorry I'm such a novice at this, I'm probably missing the obvious.
Sorry, I forgot to fix the error. Of course, the style definition for "richtext2" will be as follows:
define style{2} "AC_STYLE_1" "Arial", 8'-1.2222", 0
Sorry, I don't understand what you mean by "wrapping".
I made a screenshot for clarity.

I see that in the latest version, the object is of type "label". You have decided to complicate his task?
I realized that the rotation of the text, which is in the triangle, must be the same as the text of dimension. This is a little more code than simply return it to 0 degrees. No problem.
Later I'll be back
sshot-41.png
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Lec,

I gave your label object a look and made some simplifications on your script. I think it will do the job.

Hope that helps.

Edit: Object update... see the last post.
Anonymous
Not applicable
And here is the same symbol as a simple 2d object.

Edit: Object update... see the last post.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Wow Braza, that is very generous of you!
And specially so since I messed up with my first posting of "label" object.
It works flawlessly.
What a joy, I'll be using it on all my structural plans from now on.
I will try to learn from it, however I wonder if this is the right path for me if such a seemingly simple 2d object caused me such consternation, but I will try in your honor!
Thanks again
Hope all goes well for you in your endeavors.
Be safe out there.
lec
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Speaking of....

Did GS allow you to AUTOROTATE an ASSOCIATED LABEL with the SPRING LINE of ROOF?

GDL has been unable to accommodate this and I've been asking for 10 years or more.

Ugh.
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
Anonymous
Not applicable
Lec,

You're welcome! A few years ago I was on your shoes... and without the help of guys like David Nicholson-Cole, Olivier Dentan, F.Beister, Andrew Watson and others I wouldn't be here spreading the message.

I guess now you are officially entering the second base of GDL learning: Leave the automatic script and start scripting from scratch. Welcome to the club!

Hi Duane,

I second you in this "paleolithic" wish.

AC13 brought us new global variables for roofs, namely:
ROOF_INSU_THICKNESS roof insulation skin thickness
ROOF_RIDGE roof ridges length
ROOF_VALLEY roof valleys length
ROOF_GABLE roof gables length
ROOF_HIP roof hips length
ROOF_EAVES roof eaves length
ROOF_PEAK roof peaks length
ROOF_SIDE_WALL roof side wall connection length
ROOF_END_WALL roof end wall connection length
ROOF_TRANSITION_DOME roof dome connection length
ROOF_TRANSITION_HOLLOW roof hollow connection length
Unfortunately no ROOF_REFERENCELINE_ORIENTATION.

I guess they just forgot this one, because ROOF_REFERENCELINE_ORIENTATION seems to be so simple in comparison with these new ones.

Perhaps on AC14.

edit: Typo
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you Lec for your feedback on the label/symbol objects... Here are the updated versions.

HTH.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Braza
Thank you.
You are a guiding light of humble generosity.
lec
Anonymous
Not applicable
You are welcome Lec

See you around.