Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

How do I turn off Auto Dims on Col. lines made with Grid Sys

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,
I am using AC 11 and I used the Grid system tool to generate my structure col. grid. This seemed to work great since it automatically adds the col lines in to sections and elevations. However, we soon discovered that the dimensions, that are automatically assigned to the grid elements in section and elevation, could not be moved or deleted, I mean we could delete them and move them but they would reappear when when we open the section again. This is also true if we put them on a different layer, I tried to change the layer so they would not show up and it switched them back to their original layer when i opened the drawing again. Dose anyone know how to turn off the auto dim feature of the col. grids after they have been placed?
Thank you.
4 REPLIES 4
Erika Epstein
Booster
Do have the show grid dimensions unchecked in the section/elevation settings boxes?
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
I too am having trouble getting the automatic dimensions between grid lines to turn off when cutting a section. The screen shot that was posted shows an pull down option for 'Grid Tool' but, I do not have this pull down menu available in my Section Selection Settings. I am using ArchiCAD v11. What am I missing?
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Grass:

Go to Help > ArchiCAD 11 Goodies, and download the Grid Tool, install, and restart ArchiCAD. Then go to Work Environment > Tool Schemes > Tool Settings Dialog Boxes > Section Tool and make the Grid Tool visible.

From the ArchiCAD 12 New Features List:
Grid Tool
The Grid Tool allows you to place Grid elements individually or in a Grid System. The Grid Tool creates a custom local Grid whose elements are part of the model and serve as an editable framework for placing multiple elements or for identifying locations in the model.
See The Grid Tool in ArchiCAD Help.
Note: The Grid Tool was included in some localized earlier versions of ArchiCAD; as of ArchiCAD 12, it is now a standard part of the package.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
That worked great, thanks for the help everyone