Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

dashed cover fill

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a small building with ACT ceiling grid, and 2 rooms are typical with ACT in the grid and the hallway will just have the grid (no tile) - to distinguish on my RCP - i want to dash the grid - cover fill. I had an intern "cad" up the RCP and I just realized he drew each line dashed for the ceiling grid - it works however - the plan has changed and his work - of course obsolete. can anyone explain how I create a dashed representation of the 2x4 grid cover fill to assign my ceiling slab or perhaps a better method for modeling the open grid and no tiles?
thanks,
van
6 REPLIES 6
Erika Epstein
Booster
You can model the ceiling with the CW tool.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
vango:

You can create a Symbol Fill from a pattern of Solid Line segments, see attached image.

David
Dashed-Fill.gif
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
thank you for the feedback. if I could inquire for a little more feedback. I looked into the CW tool - curtain wall tool - and I am not sure how to get it to view horizontally in the floor plan.

in terms of symbol fill - could you list an outline of your steps : I read the book and i see I could draw lines (length?) and then copy it all, then open options/element/fill - new : paste into edit box - is this the steps you used?
Erika Epstein
Booster
Create a Curtain Wall. Select it and view it in the 3D window. Select the CW in the 3D window and from the pet palette select the Free Rotate button on the top left.
If the ceiling is sloped >1° then you can set this angle when you first create the CW.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
vango wrote:
....I looked into the CW tool - curtain wall tool - and I am not sure how to get it to view horizontally in the floor plan....
If it's any help, you can draw the curtain wall directly on plan using the 'boundary' geometry method.

See the video referred to in this thread - http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=153136.

It also shows how you can get it to display centrelines only. The linetype is adjusted in the outline section - see attached.

Hope that helps.
Anonymous
Not applicable
thank you all, the CW worked great, I haven't used that tool as much as I need to. I think I understand the cover fill lines approach as well.