Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

3D Object and jpeg problem

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello, I downloaded object form Archibase and put them in new created folder with jpeg. I load them in Library manager. On the left site of the LM I can see the folder with the pictures. I reload it to make sure, but when I open the object to put it in my drawing i cant place the Jpeg, cant find it. Can somebody help? Eva
10 REPLIES 10
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
evklek wrote:
Hello, I downloaded object form Archibase and put them in new created folder with jpeg. I load them in Library manager. On the left site of the LM I can see the folder with the pictures. I reload it to make sure, but when I open the object to put it in my drawing i cant place the Jpeg, cant find it. Can somebody help? Eva
If you want to place a JPG file on the Floor Plan or any other Viewpoint, use the Figure Tool or the Drawing Tool. In that case the JPG does not have to be loaded as a Library.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello Laszlo, no I want to use it in the visualizations.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
So you want to assign the JPG as a texture to a surface.
You will have to do that in the Options\Element Attributes\Materials Dialog.
In that case the JPGs must be in loaded libraries.
Then use those materials in your Object that you have assigned the textures to.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello, so you mean for every object i would have to duplicate materials and assign a texture for it? Eva
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
You can define Material in the Material Settings Dialog.
Then you can assign any of these materials to any object.
The Object either has material parameters you can use or in the Model panel of the Object Settings Dialog you can assign it a global Material.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hmm, o.k I explain what I did. I dowloaded Lipton tea box (3ds or gsm)It has 3 Jpeg: top, bottom, side. All in one folder. So now you say I have to go to material setting and load those three jpeg as a texture. I copy existing texture 3 times and named it bottom, top, side and created three new textures. Is this the way? If it is, is very time consuming, but also I cant get the side of the box to look wright. On the bottom of the dialog box where it says sample 1x1, 2x2... it wouldn't stay 1x1.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Show me a screenshot of your Object Settings Dialog with the Parametes visible so I can see what kind of parameters you can set for the Object.
Anonymous
Not applicable
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Eva:

You will need to change the size of the texture to match the size of the side of the box, my guess is that the 500 dimension should be closer to 1000. You will need to uncheck "Keep Original Proportion" to change one dimension of the texture without changing the other dimension. The Sample: 2x2 is just for the preview, does not affect the texture in the model.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14