Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

AC13

Anonymous
Not applicable
sorry if theres already a thread about it. but shouldnt i have this by now (or even a few months ago??)
24 REPLIES 24
Miklos Szovenyi Lux
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Yes, MEP for AC13 includes the plug in for AutoCAD 2010 MEP import
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey guys, new here, i may be looking rigth at it, but can't find it...looking to dl AC13 from the graphisoft website (Windows)...i can find all the add ons, mep, eco etc and the wibukey updater...just no link for the actual AC 13 program dl... sometimes you need another pair of eyes
Miklos Szovenyi Lux
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi,
You can download the complete package with installer from here:
http://www.graphisoft.com/products/mep-modeler/MEP_downloads.html

After starting the installer you have to choose:
"Install ArchiCAD Connection plug-in"

Of course you need an AutoCAD on your PC to install it into

Regards,
Matthew Johnson
Advocate
When we open files received from them the IFC generates ifcBuildingProxy objects and not native MEP objects in our project. Help files for the AutoCAD MEP 2010 plug-in seem non existent.

Does anyone on the forum have ay experience with the MEP connection?

What are the likely mistakes I should be looking for in the information exchange?

EDIT: Our services consultant has just informed me that even though they installed the plug-in it hasn't added anything to the file menu as shown in the Graphisoft videos? Do they have to add the commands to the file menu similar to making MEP commands appear in ArchiCAD?
Matthew Johnson - POWE Architects
AC4.5 --> AC27 & Revit 2019 --> 2023
Asus Zenbook Pro 16x i9-13900H w/ Nvidia RTX 4070 4K dual, Windows 11 64bit
I'd rather be sailing.
Shaun Coomber
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Matthew,

I am assuming from your messages that your services consultant is using AutoCAD MEP 2010. In this case it is possible that the ArchiCAD Connection icon does not appear in the ribbon the first time the program is opened after the plug-in is installed. After closing and reopening AutoCAD MEP (with the same interface) is the export icon available in the "Home" ribbon?

You should also be able to type the following commands:
- IFCExportMEP
- IFCExportOptions
- IFCDictionaryEditor

When importing the IFC file into ArchiCAD ensure that the MEP library is loaded. The MEP elements placed in AutoCAD will be converted into ArchiCAD MEP elements.
Shaun Coomber
Technical Support Team
Graphisoft
Budapest, Hungary

archicadwiki - the ArchiCAD knowledge base