Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Archicad 13 no wanna work

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok, I just received this wonderfully packaged environmentally friendly packaged software called Archicad 13. I open the box and there she was! a beauty! I open her up and remove the DVD place it in my computer and install the software. All is well and I'm chomping at the bit to get it going. After the install I go to the key upgrade site and upgrade my Archicad 12 keys to 13. beautiful it works....I head back to my computer double click on the familiar Archicad 13 icon and......and.......and......I get this nasty error message that says NError! No WIBU-Key driver found. (501) are you kidding me? I say ok lets restart again just in case...and no go.

I then say ok, lets unistall and reinstall...and yes same error pops up. I then say OK, lets try on another computer and the same thing happens.....and just to make sure I installed on a third computer and the same error comes up....

Anyone encounter this? Please help Archicadless in Houston

no wibu.jpg
19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous
Not applicable
Did that....still doesn't work.
Brett Brown
Advocate
So you installed WITHOUT the key attached right?
Imac, Big Sur AC 20 NZ, AC 25 Solo UKI,
Anonymous
Not applicable
the keys were attached. We have AC 12 running so I could not remove them. do I have to install without?
Brett Brown
Advocate
Yes, you should always read the instructions that come with it and you should then have no problems
Imac, Big Sur AC 20 NZ, AC 25 Solo UKI,
Rod Jurich
Contributor
jorgec wrote:
/....do I have to install without?
Jorge, I have always installed without problem with key in place.
Running 7 - 13 without error messages.
Rod Jurich
AC4.55 - AC14 INT (4204) |  | OBJECTiVE |
Anonymous
Not applicable
Try to update the wibukey drivers from graphisoft site.
Barry Kelly
Jorge,
You said your restarted.
Does that mean you just restarted Archicad or did you re-boot the computer?
I have had this happen before and re-booting the machine fixed it.
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm not sure what the issue is with this install. I typically don't remove the network keys when I install new versions. Frankly, I am running 91 licenses of Archicad 12 on two wibu keys removing them to install would be a problem. I've followed the instructions and I'm not having any luck. I also have rebooted several times. I am going to try again today and see if I can get this corrected.

Thanks for all the help. I'll keep you posted.
Anonymous
Not applicable
One other thing, the ArchiCAD 13 installer asks if you're using a Wibu or the new Codemeter type key (which I'm not sure anyone has in-hand yet), did you select the correct key type for your installation?