Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Incorrect interpretation of structural doors and windows

Anonymous
Not applicable
I hope it's corrected with Archicad 13 (I'm waiting it ), but I find very annoying that Archicad 12 doesn't reshape window size the right way when I use partial structure views. I attach some screenshot to explain better the problem.
And... I wish I had marker with structural dimensions, even I don't show the frame
6 REPLIES 6
Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
borgo,

Which window type do you use? It is possible that older (AC11 and before) window types with cavity closure do not work properly with partial structure display. Bt if it's an AC12 window, then it's probably a bug.
Gergely Kmethy
VP, Customer Success, Graphisoft
Anonymous
Not applicable
gkmethy wrote:
borgo,

Which window type do you use? It is possible that older (AC11 and before) window types with cavity closure do not work properly with partial structure display. Bt if it's an AC12 window, then it's probably a bug.
You are right: it's a Italian (for AC12) windows... so it's not graphisoft fault. But even with Archicad 12 window I can't get marker with structural dimension if I go to partial structure view.
And there's to say that I must use Italian windows because graphisoft's lack some "darkening frame" (I'm not sure for the translation) that are vary common here: the one that opens a part on reveal and part on wall surface or also both parts on reveal, and the even more common external venetian blind.
I hope Graphisoft will add this to their windows, so we don't need to use other objects
Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
borgo, if you past a screenshot of the type of blind you miss, I can add it to the wishlist
Gergely Kmethy
VP, Customer Success, Graphisoft
Fabrizio Diodati
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Kedves Gergely,

very kind of you but I'm deeply in touch with your colleagues, just during these days, about this issue: implementing Italian local content in the ArchiCAD default library.

Friendly
Fabrizio
Fabrizio Diodati
Graphisoft Italy Srl | Via Rossignago 2/A Spinea Venezia 30038 Italy
Fabrizio Diodati
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Borgo,

please contact the Cigraph Tech Support: if there is a bug, we will modify/correct that window as soon as possible.
Maybe the library for ArchiCAD 13 has been already fixed (we are shipping the update during these days).

Friendly
Fabrizio
Fabrizio Diodati
Graphisoft Italy Srl | Via Rossignago 2/A Spinea Venezia 30038 Italy
Anonymous
Not applicable
I've written to Fabrizio, but just to complete the argument, I attach a screenshot of the type of blind I miss in Archicad windows. And in the last time we use much this kind of blinds:
http://www.griesser.ch/?mnu=0&page=65&lng=en