Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

ArchiCAD 13 Installation Question

Anonymous
Not applicable
We just received our copies of AC13. We have an office server computer that will function as our "BIM server." The question is, does that computer need a "dongle" or Key to run the BIM server? We have them for all our other computers, but nothing for the server computer as we don't run archicad on it. Hopefully we don't need to buy another..........
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable
If you are asking the same question I did, then this thread may have your answer:

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=29681
Anonymous
Not applicable
So, I'm taking it as no, you do not need an additional license to run the BIM server.

Thanks!
Anonymous
Not applicable
BIM server use AC license.
Barry Kelly
syber wrote:
BIM server use AC license.
From what I have read it does not.
The machine you run as the BIM server is just a storage/sharing location.
This would need the BIM server software to control everything but this doesn't use an Archicad license.
Only if you are running Archicad on the server machine would you need a license.
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
The BIM Server does not need an ArchiCAD licence to run.

See, having a BIM Server in itself has no use. It is the server.
ArchiCAD is the client and you need to have a dongle to use the client.
So if someone has a BIM Server but has no ArchiCAD he will not be able to use the thing.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Gotcha, thanks.
I think you will all need to have a dongle or all have a codemeter. You can't mix them. ?? Is that true?

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Karl Ottenstein
Steve wrote:
I think you will all need to have a dongle or all have a codemeter. You can't mix them. ?? Is that true?
See my reply here:
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=154938

Let's not spread a rumor in too many different threads ... if it turns out to be true, then you bet, get the word out there. But, until confirmed, if this is repeated multiple times, it will only confuse people.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB