Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

cost or price in quantity bill

Anonymous
Not applicable
how i can add price or cost to quantity bill in : 1-normal quantity bill
2 - if i have complex wall how i can put price for every material please i need it >>>>>>>>>> see the attachement

bill.jpg
16 REPLIES 16
Karl Ottenstein
You cannot do this with the interactive schedule. (You can export that into Excel and do it there.)

If you want ArchiCAD to do the math, you have to use the List Schemes, which involves setting up property objects and/or scripts. Talked about at length in many threads here...and Eric Wilk has a book out just for doing quantity take-offs with ArchiCAD, but it is not an easy thing.

There is also a wishlist item for adding the ability to add user data and do math in the interactive schedules.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
hi
where can i get this book?
Karl Ottenstein
SORANO wrote:
hi
where can i get this book?
Just Google it... here is one option at 45 euro:

http://www.boutique-fc-cadlink.com/fccllfr001-p-29.html

Note that the book is available in English or French, so when you order, choose the language you are most comfortable with.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Can you do this in ArchiQuant by any chance?
I mean, once you create a composite wall structure, can you assign different cost per UoM to each layer (plaster, bricks etc.) of the structure?
nourqueen85 wrote:
how i can add price or cost to quantity bill in : 1-normal quantity bill
2 - if i have complex wall how i can put price for every material please i need it >>>>>>>>>> see the attachement
KeesW
Advocate
Enrico
Yes you can do it in ArchiQuant. It is worth looking at if you want to use quantities for small projects. I have it but don't know how it performs on large jobs. I bought it because I thought that it would be useful to do initial estimates for sketch designs. In AQ one can allocate rates to floors, walls, roofs and every element in between. rates have to be linked to the components you are drawing but once they are connected, cost schedules are easily, and automatically, produced.

No I haven't finished creating the standard elements and the rates due to lack of time. It is on my to-do list and I'll let you know how it goes.
Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

cornelis wegman architects
AC 5 - 26 Dell XPS 8940 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD 2TB HD RTX 3070 GPU
Laptop: AC 24 - 26 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD RTX 3070 GPU
Anonymous
Not applicable
Enrico wrote:
Can you do this in ArchiQuant by any chance?
I mean, once you create a composite wall structure, can you assign different cost per UoM to each layer (plaster, bricks etc.) of the structure?
Yes, easily.

ArchiQuant is allmost perfect for this.

You learn it in ten minutes, and you can build a simple data base (by main building element) from scratch in one hour.

You can also build other data bases, like cost per m2 for zones, or even the costs you want - by element.

This way, you can extract costs anytime you want, which can be very helpful to make informed design decisions.

I have used it on 2000 m2 projects, and it is very robust.

The only downside is beeping an add-on. If it where integrated into ArchiCAD, it would be perfect.

You should also take a peek at the new VICO Office.

VICO - formerly owned by Graphisoft - had a suite which included a modeler software, constructor (archicad really), but their recent move has been to make a "neutral" platform where you can import a model from ArchiCAD, Tekla or Revit, and assign a database to it.

VICO Suite is much more than a estimating tool, because it allows you to manage construction from the model (which resource goes where when).

But their VICO Client (extracting quantities from model) and VICO Takeoff Manager are enough for the design team purposes.
http://www.vicosoftware.com/products/vico-takeoff-quantities/tabid/87063/Default.aspx
Anonymous
Not applicable
This ArchiQuant thingie; it's not available for ArchiCAD-21?..or 22?

Are there any alternatives?

I want to assign each material a cost per square meter.
felcunha
Expert
You can find it into cigraph site. I'm not sure it will keep working in AC22 because the way it generates lists is going to change...
Felipe Ribeiro Cunha

AC 26, macOS Monterey
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Don't have ArchiCAD22 yet, but with the new expression defined properties, seems to me it should be possible to do in ArchiCAD now?

Maybe someone with hands on experience can share some insights.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5