Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

AC13 : different zone representations available ?!

Anonymous
Not applicable
I visited an AC13 presentation yesterday and I've seen the instructor playing around with different representations for zones (f.e. option 1 = name + m2, option 2 = name + number + finishing, ...) without modifications of the zone itself! This looks very handy but I cannot reproduce it myself. I assumed to find it in the Model View Options. Am I missing something or could this be a local library (Dutch) specific item?
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable
Could they have been adjusting the zone parameters from a schedule perhaps?

If the zone categories each had a different style of zone stamp, the 'zone category' parameter could be listed and then adjusted, and would change on plan in real time.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm not sure, it was a quick highlight during the presentation. Your assumption could be correct as I don't find anything in the settings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Joeri,

Have you found anything else out? I am attempting to do the same thing with my zones. I want to show Name, ID, Area in on model view, but show only the Name in another model view.

I think it would be very helpful if the Model View options were more in depth for Zones, i.e. instead of just "Hide Zone Stamp" you could hide any or all "Zone Name, Zone ID, Area, Finishes, etc."
Anonymous
Not applicable
No more information that can help, I'm sorry .
As I don't see others on this topic I guess it's more a dream than a real implementation. Anyhow, I would like to have this kind of settings in future versions.
I have an appointment next tuesday with the people of Kubus so maybe....
I'll let you know!
Anonymous
Not applicable
These are functions of the zone stamp. This is assigned in the zone definition but the parameters may be changed individually. This has been true for as long as I can remember - since the zone tool was introduced I think.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Matthew, could you explain a little further please? I must be missing something very basic.

How would you manage the zone representation, view by view, without changing the parameters / order list itself?
See image.
Main goal : one zone stamp per room, all parameter information included from the beginning, publishing 3 different views : simple / extended information...
Example.png
Anonymous
Not applicable
I see, you want each zone to display view dependent information. Three ways I can think of (none too convenient):

1. Select all zones in 3D and change their settings prior to publishing. Tedious but clean.

2. Triplicate the zones on different layers. Ugly but automatic. Could create other problems depending on how you use zones.

3. Use copies of a library part as a zone stamp on multiple layers. Clean, automatic and flexible, but this requires obtaining the part and placing it in addition to the existing zone stamps.

There may be some new possibilities in AC13 but these would still require custom coding and I haven't had the chance to investigate in detail.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Slightly off topic, does anyone know how to modify the zone script so I can show the ID? In image below I use zone stamps for a survey plan. I have the zone name for street, zone number for housing number and the housing type is supposed to be the ID. This is very handy to generate many different shedules... Now I use one of the other existing parameters (f.e. flooring) for this purpose but whenever I change the zone definition this information is lost...

EDIT : a modified basic AC12 stamp with additional parameters 'custom 1', 'custom 2', ... would be even better. Off course I don't ask for free
Afbeelding 9.png
Anonymous
Not applicable
Matthew wrote:
I see, you want each zone to display view dependent information. Three ways I can think of (none too convenient):

1. Select all zones in 3D and change their settings prior to publishing. Tedious but clean.

2. Triplicate the zones on different layers. Ugly but automatic. Could create other problems depending on how you use zones.

3. Use copies of a library part as a zone stamp on multiple layers. Clean, automatic and flexible, but this requires obtaining the part and placing it in addition to the existing zone stamps.

There may be some new possibilities in AC13 but these would still require custom coding and I haven't had the chance to investigate in detail.
Multiple zones on different layers is not an option. Mistakes have been made very fast
I've used option 1 many times before but I was hopeful for better ways. Most of the time, the more information I need to show from the zone, the less accurate the drawings need to be for my consultants. They ask tidy drawings with walls in contour lines, no 'hatches', no background colors, etc and then the model view options come in very handy... If zone representation could be managed the same way.........superb! Thanks for your time anyway.