Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Archicad 13 Glitchiness . . .

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have installed 13 this morning and opened up my project I have been working on with it- I just thought I would start a thread with the issues I have been noticing thus far.

1. Layer Combinations- When I am switching between views and I switch to a 3D document view my layer combination changes, there are three layers that keep turning on that aren't supposed to be on, and I turn them off and then I update the combination and next time i switch to a view with that Layer combination it is switched back again.

2. When I am changing my complex profiles I find that it bogs my computer down and it freezes a little.
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable
1. Well I guess it is just these 3 layers in particular that wont turn off.
in plan i can turn them off with the quick layers pallet, but not in the 3D window and not in the 3D view window.
Anonymous
Not applicable
3. 13 seems to freeze and/or crash when printing to PDF.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm guessing we'll see a few problems that won't be fixed until the hotfix comes out... maybe I'll just wait to use it until then!

BTW, Nice website and projects! I especially like the Asian inspired boathouse..
Anonymous
Not applicable
Steven-Thanks for the compliments. The Asian Inspired Boathouse has had many mixed reviews around here, the boathouse its self is beautiful, but the people around toan and on the lake don't seem to care too much fro it, I guess it doesn't blend in with the surroundings enough.

Yes, I expect glitches, just though i would start a list for people to add to.

3- the PDFs- It seems that publishing to PDF is very quick and efficient.

I also uninstalled and reinstalled, so we'll see if that fixes anything.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Jesikuh123 wrote:
but the people around town and on the lake don't seem to care too much for it
Some people are idiots!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Some people are, that is the truth.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Jesikuh123 wrote:
Yes, I expect glitches, just though i would start a list for people to add to.
OK, I add: slow elevation reconstruction after layer change. It's really a big back-step from AC12.
Anonymous
Not applicable
borgo1971 wrote:
slow elevation reconstruction after layer change
After some tries, I found that this bug happens only on (my) MacPro 4x2.8Ghz if I enable 3D process window. It don't happen on my MacBook Pro in any case, and it don't happen on my MacPro if I disable 3D process window. Didn't try on other hardware, but on MacPro I must disable 3D process window because it is very annoying to work with the slowness it brings... even normally I like to have it enabled.
Hope it will be fixed soon
Karl Ottenstein
What do you mean by the "3d process window"?

Thanks,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB