BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Where did the Door swing pen color setting go in 13???

kevin b
Contributor
It appears that all of the doors, at least the ones I tried, in the US version of 13 no longer give you the ability to set the color of the swing pen. Not only does it screw up our graphics but we use the colors of the doors to send them to particular layers in the DWG translator because we send out files to our consulatnats that have existing, demo and new doors in them and thats the only way I know of to make it so all the doors aren't one layer. Used to be there. Now its gone. That's just awesome.
kevin s burns, AIA

massachusetts, usa

AC25 (1413), since AC6

Windows 10

Intel Core i7 -8700 @ 3.2 GHz~ 16 GB ram
23 REPLIES 23
Erika Epstein
Booster
kevin wrote:
we use the colors of the doors to send them to particular layers in the DWG translator because we send out files to our consulatnats that have existing, demo and new doors in them and thats the only way I know of to make it so all the doors aren't one layer.
Hopefully graphisoft will address the problem sooner, rather than later.
In the meantime, as doors in AC inherit the layer of the wall they are in, can you reset your DWG filter to pick up the layer of the wall rather than the pen color of the door swing?
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Eduardo Rolon
and I supposed that in this case I have to manually draw the sliding door opening symbol.
Screen shot 2009-10-02 at 6.02.32 PM.png
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Joachim Suehlo
Advisor
The new feature that allows global settings for library parts in the model view options is a big step forward.
On the other hand it seems that Graphisoft forgot a button to manually deactivate this feature.
If I want one door with red swing lines and another with a blue on, this is not possible.

You can find the new feature in the GDL manual under "LIBRARYGLOBAL" and in the New GDL features of AC 13.

An explanation (only in German) you can find on selfGDL.de.

It seems to be necessary, that Graphisoft adds a checkbox "LibraryGlobal on/off" in all objects that use LIBRARYGLOBAL and additionally add those parameters that are now only available in the model view options.
Joachim Suehlo . AC12-27 . MAC OSX 13.5 . WIN11
GDL object creation: b-prisma.de
Erika Epstein
Booster
Joachim wrote:

It seems to be necessary, that Graphisoft adds a checkbox "LibraryGlobal on/off" in all objects that use LIBRARYGLOBAL and additionally add those parameters that are now only available in the model view options.
Yes, we are all agreeing with this.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

Eduardo Rolon
On another note, can somebody clarify what is the difference between the "Contour Pen" and "Pen in 3D". I thought that "Pen in 3D" was the equivalent of the "Uncut" Pen and Contour matched "Cut" but working with AC13 doors Contour only changes the floor plan cut and "Pen in 3D" is used for the door elevation and the section.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Erika Epstein
Booster
ejrolon wrote:
On another note, can somebody clarify what is the difference between the "Contour Pen" and "Pen in 3D". Contour only changes the floor plan cut and "Pen in 3D" is used for the door elevation and the section.
Yes, this is how it works, I thought it always worked this way, but I can be wrong. I often set the 3D pen much lighter so it doesn't overwhelm the section, elevation or 3D visualization.

I notice that the there is still a problem with the swing angles here
Erika
Architect, Consultant
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

Eduardo Rolon
Erika verifying, in AC12 and AC13

For Frames
contour = section and floor plan
Pen in 3D = elevation

For Door panels
contour = floor plan
Pen in 3D = elevation and section

If we substitute contour for cut it makes sense for the Frames but not for the Door panels and since in Walls, Slabs etc Pen in 3D means elevation not cut I think this might be a bug.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Erika Epstein
Booster
Eduardo,
In both AC12 & 13 I am seeing different pen settings for 2D and 3D. For both #d includes sections as well as the 3D window.
AC12 2D door settings.jpg
Erika
Architect, Consultant
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

Erika Epstein
Booster
and
Erika