BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

64 bit Archicad 13

ares997
Contributor
The 64 bit version of Archicad 13 is really fast. I haven't done a comprehensive comparison to the differences. But initially there is a fundamental difference with AC13 and AC12 in the ability to handle complex buildings and information on the fly. Calculations, rendering, schedules, 3d, 3d-documenta all seem to tremendously affected. I would almost venture to say that it's 8-16 times faster but this is a guess (+/-10% based on 2400min(ac12)/240min(ac12)). That number might be based on the polygons of the model I was testing (highly complex). Yet I was able to do a 999dpi 7inx8in sketch rendering in roughly 4 min as compared to 40 min on the same system (single processor AMD, 2gb RAM). I like to start my comparison on cpu's ([GS] recommended min.) that you can see the difference rather quickly than a quad or something with more under the hood.

I would be interested to hear everyone's else's experience with 64bit AC13.
Archicad 25 (5005), Windows 11, AMD RYZEN 7 3900 (64 GB RAM)
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable
I still have not been able to test it on the 64 side due to some CadImage tool problems I'm still having, but I'll be sure to let you know once i get it all figured out.
Learn and get certified!