Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

DOWNLOAD or SHIPMENT

sedley
Booster
Should GS give customers the choice of downloading the software or have Archicad ship to them?
Sedley Jeffers
St.Vincent & the Grenadines
Archicad 26 Full USA - Cadimage & Twinmotion
MacBook Pro M1 16", 64GB RAM. OSX Monterey
10 REPLIES 10
Erika Epstein
Booster
Hi Sedley,
I think you wanted to make this a poll
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
GS should allow you to download as soon as it is available and also send you the disk along with the book. I don't know what this would do to download time if everyone is trying to download the program at the same time.
sedley
Booster
vhfan2u wrote:
GS should allow you to download as soon as it is available and also send you the disk along with the book. I don't know what this would do to download time if everyone is trying to download the program at the same time.
No reference manual is included in the package. Only a 100 page collaboration guide and the getting started guide 46 pages.

GS can give the file to the resellers who will put it on their ftp site then send a links to customers with up to date subscriptions.

Therefore one server don't have to be overloaded.

We have a small office (5 seats) we got a box today with 5 packages.
One would have been just fine.

That does not include my personal copy which came last week.
Sedley Jeffers
St.Vincent & the Grenadines
Archicad 26 Full USA - Cadimage & Twinmotion
MacBook Pro M1 16", 64GB RAM. OSX Monterey
Erika Epstein
Booster
Yes, there is NO hardcopy of the AC13 reference guide.
However, there is one in pdf format included in your installation package. There are 7 pdfs in the Documentation folder within Archicad where it is installed on your computer.

You can access these directly, create a shortcut to the folder or any one of these pdfs, or you can access them via the Help menu when you are in archicad.

Also available from the archicad Help menu is Archicad Help, specific to that version.

I am not a Graphisoft employee, so NO, I don't know why the made the change; would you be surprised if it were economic?
AC13 ref manual.jpg
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
hard copy manual? i think now day it is useless, while you have a digital version of the book. If you had all pdf printed you will need a small cart to move them around . pdf and help is much useful when you search for something and you can have them alleyways with you on a usb stick. and the biggest benefit, you have links to other parts of manual so you can see how tool and other kind of features work with each-other.
PS.: its also greener less tree get cut to produce paper
Holger Kreienbrink
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
I think both is the right way. Download for the very urgent users. And then when all packs are packed, ship it with soem nice packaging and manuals.

At least that is what Germany and Austria does
Holger Kreienbrink
Director Product Intelligence
Munich, Germany
Archicad since Version 5....
If I sound too harsh, please forgive me: I am German.
Dave Jochum
Advocate
syber wrote:
hard copy manual? i think now day it is useless, while you have a digital version of the book. If you had all pdf printed you will need a small cart to move them around . pdf and help is much useful when you search for something and you can have them alleyways with you on a usb stick. and the biggest benefit, you have links to other parts of manual so you can see how tool and other kind of features work with each-other.
A hard copy manual is NOT "useless". I want a manual that I can read when I am not at my computer. Please--no "green" bs. We can grow crop trees to produce books--and toilet paper--and baseball bats--and guitars--and...

(Sorry--I'm losing my patience with the mind-numbing eco-nonsense.)

(Oops...sorry again. I'll behave myself now.)
Dave Jochum
J o c h u m A R C H I T E C T S http://www.jochumarchitects.com
MBP 16" (M1 Max) 64 GB•OS 13.5.2•AC 27 Silicon (latest build)
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
Dave wrote:
syber wrote:
A hard copy manual is NOT "useless". I want a manual that I can read when I am not at my computer. Please--no "green" bs. We can grow crop trees to produce books--and toilet paper--and baseball bats--and guitars--and...

(Sorry--I'm losing my patience with the mind-numbing eco-nonsense.)

(Oops...sorry again. I'll behave myself now.)
I agree -- I prefer a hard copy -- the less time I need to spend staring at a computer monitor, the better. Eliminate the packaging, download the software, and provide a hard copy manual to those who want one.
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Wokka
Contributor
Laura wrote:

I agree -- I prefer a hard copy -- the less time I need to spend staring at a computer monitor, the better. Eliminate the packaging, download the software, and provide a hard copy manual to those who want one.
Definitley! You can 'browse' through a book. Sure the pdf's are great for looking up something specific, but I miss a good manual read and scan through.
I've noticed the last few releases without manuals, you load the software and start working. With the manual, you start working but check what's new or different as you go along browsing. I'm still finding things I missed in R12...
I understand the economics and green ideas (I'm a tree hugger myself!), but I'd happily pay a 'reasonable' extra for a hard copy. (NOT the $100 odd dollars that was quoted a few releases ago ).
Warwick Lloyd-Martin
3 D E N V I R O N M E N T
http://www.3de.com.au
Windows 11 Pro 64bit
ArchiCad 4.55>27 AUS
Lumion 12.5/2023
D5 Render