Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

This is our chance...to bring Autodesk to their knees...

ares997
Contributor
We have a very short window in time and space, and now we have more than enough ammunition to take down goliath. If you think about it...David brought down the giant with technology. It wasn't because he was necessarily smaller than the giant, but more inventive, better long reaching technology, an eye for understanding the means and methods for getting the job done in his current market. That is what Graphisoft has gave us yesterday, though it might not be in our hot little hands. We the Archicad Marines need to start making some frakin' noise out their.

This is the point at which we can sit in our cubicles and say, umm I'm not really sure if it is what I think it is...when it is more than you could have ever dream of.

Ironically enough Autodesk yesterday started to buckle, as well as said that they would be offering inventor as a free download, "no kidding."

Come on guys there should be at least a blog each from all you loyalist who have been here since the beginning. This is our house now go out and take the gorilla by the balls to take him out.

Even with AC12 and AC11 we were still way ahead of the curve and have always been, now let's start sending info to WIRED.COM, ENGADET.COM , USA TODAY, CNN, ETC. Graphisoft has put a lot into this release. Testing it throughly, making sure it works with Snow Leopard (which is why they delayed the release until yesterday, considering Snow Leopard was on Friday so that gives GS 30+ days to get it ready for the MAC kids out there.)

The Graphisoft Team has not only change the rules about what can be done in a yearly release cycle, they have change what will the future be for us.

Graphisoft's "biggest not-so-secret weapon is its staff of developers [who] focus enormous talent on a niche, which Westerners can't match."
Jonathan B. Levine, Business Week, USA

"It's passion, and a good deal of business sense, that helped turn Graphisoft into a global player."
The Wall Street Journal

We are a team based all over the world and need to act like one more now then ever.

This has happened a few times before
1. The cpu and drafting in a machine
2. Going 3d
3. Going Parametric + GDL
4. Going BIM
5. Going in with the DELTA SERVER

If you can imagine what this could mean even outside this industry it is far reaching.

Get out there and make some noise.

Please don't hesitate. We need to start scaring the investors of AUTODESK today and now we have our $5k keys ringing in their ears.

We have ECO designer, we have VBE, we have MEP, our company, our team has brought us the weapons within this year that dominates all other products out there.

Pull your fingers out of your ears and start emailing, witting blogs, witting your congressmen, telling your friends, telling your enemies that we are coming for them one seat at a time.
Archicad 25 (5005), Windows 11, AMD RYZEN 7 3900 (64 GB RAM)
118 REPLIES 118
Dwight
Newcomer
Of course, that decline wouldn't have anything at all to do with the general decline in software stocks since there are no sales.
Dwight Atkinson
ares997
Contributor
Peter I guess we must be looking at different graphs. CLEARLY on SEPT. 1 there was a decrease in the value of the stock. Maybe there is something different going on in the UK. You guys don't trade on the NYSE. If Archicad isn't a threat to Autodesk and their market share than I must be confused. Thus I wanted to show you what I see. Though if you zoom into the hour it might flatten out. Though if you zoom out this period, as well as last year during the release of AC12 there was another valley in the ADSK stock.

Yes Autodesk is affected by Graphisoft and yes the stock has been stifled during the release of information regarding AC13.

Maybe I am reading the graph wrong a low point between two higher points is considered not positive?

Does it upset you that Archicad might be able to shake the tree a little. Or do you actually believe that the software and the company that you support isn't able to affect the 600 lb gorilla?
ares997
Contributor
This must be a glitch with google or something I see a downward trend during the period of AC13 getting distributed to all the world.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Adesk stockholders are absolutely, positively, not going to give one rip about ArchiCAD 13. Small potatoes, kids. As they said in a US presidential election: It's the economy, stupid!
Dwight
Newcomer
Dear ares997:

Hooting and hollering about whether Graphisoft's products affect Autodesk or not does not erase the fact that one has hitched one's fortunes to a niche product.
Dwight Atkinson
ares997
Contributor
Dwight yes you are correct, we have 'hitched' ourselves to a product and we most likely aren't going to be changing to anything anytime soon. I just wanted to share my observation of the stock as it relates to adsk.

I am sure I would say that I am not worried about the industry leader both in terms of technology and in the number of BIM built projects too [GS], if it were a small company out of Hungry with a small but loyal group of users who completely dominate the BIM world even to this date.
Dwight
Newcomer
Fair enough.

But let me assure you, with 35 years of stock market experience behind me, that what you see in that graph is not related to Archicad 13 announcements.

Okay?
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Breaking news : Sept 01 AC13 announcement sends Microsofts shares tumbling.

Irrefutable proof because the graph says so.
ares997
Contributor
Ok then I guess I will agree to disagree at least on the September 1st Announcement date as it relates to the ADSK stock. Fair?
Dwight
Newcomer
It is so hard to accept that people with more experience than you actually know more, isn't it?
Dwight Atkinson