BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

AC12 MAC problem with Fonts

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I'm on AC12 on several macs in a work environment. Our problem is, we always used the font called Tahoma on PC with Archicad. This font contains letters for the hungarian language too. (eg: éáőp...)
I've read on this forum that if I install the tahoma true type font into the Mac HD:library:fonts and restart the machine, AC 12 should see the font....

I've tried and checked everithing but the tahoma true type font will not appear in the list in AC.

Please help It's very important.
21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous
Not applicable
Tahoma sort of used to work for me in the Archicad 12/Leopard combination with Office 2008 for Mac installed, but it would not render properly, substituting a different font. After upgrading to Snow Leopard, Tahoma renders as a series of rectangles in Archicad 12 and 13 if I open an old file containing the font. If I open an new document from our office template (which contains Tahoma) in either of these versions under Snow Leopard, Tahoma appears in brackets in the font list and again renders as a series of rectangles, but if I open a new document in 13 using Archicad's standard template, its not in the font list.

There is some discussion of this issue here.

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=154144#154144

Roger
Anonymous
Not applicable
Im a PC user, and I get this error message when I start AC

Open error (file already used)
while operating on file 'cadi_FontsPool.txt'.

Has anyone else seen this ?
Learn and get certified!