Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

This is our chance...to bring Autodesk to their knees...

ares997
Contributor
We have a very short window in time and space, and now we have more than enough ammunition to take down goliath. If you think about it...David brought down the giant with technology. It wasn't because he was necessarily smaller than the giant, but more inventive, better long reaching technology, an eye for understanding the means and methods for getting the job done in his current market. That is what Graphisoft has gave us yesterday, though it might not be in our hot little hands. We the Archicad Marines need to start making some frakin' noise out their.

This is the point at which we can sit in our cubicles and say, umm I'm not really sure if it is what I think it is...when it is more than you could have ever dream of.

Ironically enough Autodesk yesterday started to buckle, as well as said that they would be offering inventor as a free download, "no kidding."

Come on guys there should be at least a blog each from all you loyalist who have been here since the beginning. This is our house now go out and take the gorilla by the balls to take him out.

Even with AC12 and AC11 we were still way ahead of the curve and have always been, now let's start sending info to WIRED.COM, ENGADET.COM , USA TODAY, CNN, ETC. Graphisoft has put a lot into this release. Testing it throughly, making sure it works with Snow Leopard (which is why they delayed the release until yesterday, considering Snow Leopard was on Friday so that gives GS 30+ days to get it ready for the MAC kids out there.)

The Graphisoft Team has not only change the rules about what can be done in a yearly release cycle, they have change what will the future be for us.

Graphisoft's "biggest not-so-secret weapon is its staff of developers [who] focus enormous talent on a niche, which Westerners can't match."
Jonathan B. Levine, Business Week, USA

"It's passion, and a good deal of business sense, that helped turn Graphisoft into a global player."
The Wall Street Journal

We are a team based all over the world and need to act like one more now then ever.

This has happened a few times before
1. The cpu and drafting in a machine
2. Going 3d
3. Going Parametric + GDL
4. Going BIM
5. Going in with the DELTA SERVER

If you can imagine what this could mean even outside this industry it is far reaching.

Get out there and make some noise.

Please don't hesitate. We need to start scaring the investors of AUTODESK today and now we have our $5k keys ringing in their ears.

We have ECO designer, we have VBE, we have MEP, our company, our team has brought us the weapons within this year that dominates all other products out there.

Pull your fingers out of your ears and start emailing, witting blogs, witting your congressmen, telling your friends, telling your enemies that we are coming for them one seat at a time.
Archicad 25 (5005), Windows 11, AMD RYZEN 7 3900 (64 GB RAM)
118 REPLIES 118
Dwight
Newcomer
If you are feeling a little crazy, re-adjust by listening to the leg worm bit.
Dwight Atkinson
Rob
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Oi what a topic I have missed on here!

now what did you do fellas? did you eat cookies or smoked it... or perhaps an omelette heavily sprinkled with 'herbs' before you wrote this educated stock market analysis.

And BTW Autodesk does not have knees, right? ...well if yes how many?
::rk
Anonymous
Not applicable
Come on Rob! Don't tell me you can't see those beautiful flying-shining-pink knees?!... :roll::lol::lol::lol::lol::o8):mrgreen:
Rod Jurich
Contributor
This gets better by the minute thanks Paulo
Rod Jurich
AC4.55 - AC14 INT (4204) |  | OBJECTiVE |
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
ares997 wrote:
Though at precisely 11am (Sept. 1, 2009) GS went live with the new website and ac13 announcement, that is the same time that ADSK stock feel (exactly the same time). Coincidence maybe, though I think not. That is just my opinion based on observation of the stock and the relationship that it potentially makes with the GS site and AC13. Is that too much of stretch, that the site went live, the stock fell a little bit??? Is it also too much to think that investors see a relationship between GS and Autodesk? Too what level they consider the two in the same ring is beyond me.
I am also into stock markets in the last 3 years or so.
I can distinctly remember that on September 1 the whole American stock market fell. The Dow Jones Industrial Average fell from 9496 the day before to 9310 on Sept 1, a nice daily drop. I believe Autodesk just fell with all the rest of the market that day.
Also, Autodesk is a much bigger company (over 5 Billion Dollars) than Graphisoft and architectural software is only a small segment of their product portfolio. In that portfolio they have AutoCAD, AutoCAD Light, AutoCAD Architecture (I think that's the name of Architectural Desktop now) and Revit. This announcement would mean some threat only to the latter two, I think.
So the announcement of AC13 could not possibly affect Autodesk that much, in my opinion.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Rob wrote:
... or perhaps an omelette heavily sprinkled with 'herbs' before you wrote this educated stock market analysis.
Probably as good as most stock analysts. Better than the ones who rated all those mortgage derivatives (AKA "toxic waste") as grade A investments.
Dwight
Newcomer
Judging by the numbers of downloads on the UFO clips, many forum members are curious. Please send comments by PM.
Dwight Atkinson
ares997
Contributor
Autodesk Shocks Markets With 31% Revenue Drop:

Autodesk's Q3 results were so awful that even the BBC's World Service took notice, naming the company and its 31% drop in revenues during one of its brief business reports last week. In contrast, revenues of competitors PTC and Dassault dropped "just" 18% and 13%, respectively. When management revealed the news, the ADSK share price dropped ten percent, and has barely recovered as of this morning.

Figure 2: ADSK share price makes like the Cliffs of Dover.
(Source: finance.yahoo.com)

The primary reason for the drop in revenues was an agonizing 41% drop in sales of AutoCAD and LT, the dynamic due that generated the bulk of Autodesk's revenues in years past. Sales dropped, despite $500 rebates offered to new customers. For LT, the company offers a double rebate to those who download the 30-day trial version, just about cutting in half the price of the overpriced, under featured software.

(Quarterly numbers are normally compared with the same quarter a year earlier.)

Most disturbing to financial analysts was the fall in subscription income, once touted by a former ceo as the guarantee for smoothed future income. Over the past three quarters (nine months), subscription billings declined by 14%, 11%, and now 10%. Customers aren't necessarily stopping payment on subs, explains current ceo Carl Bass; they just aren't paying for licenses unused by laid-off employees. Fire 30% of workers; pay 30% less in maintenance.

While Mr Bass is cheered by signs of the recession's end, he still worries over poor employment numbers. Greater spending on Autodesk software will come about only when more CAD users are employed. Layoffs, however, continue in the tech industry this month.

Nevertheless, the company did find some cheery spots in its financial numbers. It didn't run a loss in Q3, as it had in Q2. The drop in 3D sales was not as severe as it was for AutoCAD. And the company is still the largest CAD vendor.

http://investors.autodesk.com
Archicad 25 (5005), Windows 11, AMD RYZEN 7 3900 (64 GB RAM)
Thomas Holm
Booster
I was planning to get into stocks myself. Then I read somewhere that the best investment advisor was a gorilla throwing darts at a stock chart. So I went out to find such a gorilla. Still looking...
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1