Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Work Environment Issues

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does anyone know how to set the work environment so when the file is opened, I don't have to go into options/ work environment and select the profile I want ?

Right now, the window size (plans, elevation, sections, etc) are the wrong sizes and locations every time I open the file. Even though I reorganized them and moved them to where I want, then created the profile I want called "NA" and set it as a default. Is there step I missed ? What I want is to open the file and everything is right where I left it the last time without having to go to work environment and apply the scheme.

Picture 5.png
5 REPLIES 5
Ingolf
Advocate
Hello Tan Nguyen!

Have you remembered to choose the Profile you want when you start ArchiCAD?
Ingolf Sundfør, Bricklayer, Author of several Real Life Problem Solving Books for Archicaddicts in Norway.
PC/i7/W11/ArchiCAD 6.5-27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ingolf,

Isn't that for starting a new file ? This is for an existing file that I am opening to do more work on.
Ingolf
Advocate
This is also for opening an existing file.
Ingolf Sundfør, Bricklayer, Author of several Real Life Problem Solving Books for Archicaddicts in Norway.
Anonymous
Not applicable
When I open an existing file, it does not ask for that.
Ingolf
Advocate
I get this Alternative: Set up Work Environment. I choose Standard Profile 12. If you have disabled your Start Box, then take this advice from ArchiCADs Help Function:
To enable the Start ArchiCAD dialog box again, use the File > New & Reset All command.
You will get this choice when you press the Alt Button while you click on New.
2009-10-06 New and Reset.jpg