Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Problem with AC window

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm using AC 12 and my interface often starts jumping. I can't work than AC doesn't recognize entering values for x,y coordinates etc. I must restart system to start normal work again. So if anyone knows what is the problem, tell me how to solve it.

Or better to say my AC starts flashing and I can't enter any measure.
5 REPLIES 5
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
May be some graphics card driver issue.
As a first step try to install the latest drivers for you graphics card.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok but later I figured out that it might be because of my transformation pack or rainmeter.But I made mistake, i tryed to reinstall AC and now after install I can't open it anymore.Windows reports me messages that can not find file ArchiCAD.dlg and my AC icon on the desktop is like there's no program.I don't know what to do.
If anyone has an answer please tell me, cause I can't use software at all.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
You should try to reinstall it again because if the icon shows there is no program then probably the installation did not work out.
Make sure you have administrator privileges when doing the installation.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Laszlo thank you for helping, but your idea didn't work out I have administrator privileges and I reinstalled AC several times but nothing.I said before there is some kind of icon on desktop, and it looks like damaged program.When i attempt to start the program appears message: Missing icon, and Windows was searching for it.But after unsuccessful search it recommended me the nearest location.I clicked OK but it was worse. Now I get error C:\Documents and Setings\User\Local Setings\Temp\i4j45866.exe is not a valid Win32 application.
So do you have any idea what else can I try. I forgot to say, I tryed to install it in safe mode, but it just extracted installationation and nothing, it just stopped.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Maybe that is the problem, that you are installing in Safe mode.
Why do you do that?