BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Beam Labeling Problems

mukster
Booster
I am putting in a series of roof beams and labeling them. The labels show up fine when I'm on the view map, but when I go to the layout book, the beams show up but the labels don't. Any idea why this might be?
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
Check to see if the pen set is correct for the layout drawing in question.
You might be using a pen for the label that is not included in the drawings pen set.
Or could it be that the drawing is set to manual update and just hasn't updated yet?
Everything can be updating fine on my layouts, then bam, one won't update no matter what.
If it is one of those rare stubborn drawing to get to update, drag new copy of the saved view and at least for now, frustration over.
ps
You might want to consider adding a machine/software/version to your profile.
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
mukster wrote:
I am putting in a series of roof beams and labeling them. The labels show up fine when I'm on the view map, but when I go to the layout book, the beams show up but the labels don't. Any idea why this might be?
Prior to AC12 there was a bug with Labels and Display Order -- even though set correctly in the View, sometime the Labels were obscured in the Drawing on the Layout.

As far as Drawings that won't update -- wouldn't it be easier to Relink the Drawing to the source View instead of re-placing the Drawing?
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Learn and get certified!