Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Annoying new text anchors in AC13

kevin b
Contributor
Anyone know if there is a way to turn of the new "feature" that shows the anchor point of text blocks and leaders as a big bold "+" without turning off the handles? Or a way to change them to be less annoying (ie less bold, diff color) I can't find anything about controling them. I can't even find anything describing them as a new "feature."

Anyone else out there like them? Hate them?
kevin s burns, AIA

massachusetts, usa

AC25 (1413), since AC6

Windows 10

Intel Core i7 -8700 @ 3.2 GHz~ 16 GB ram
22 REPLIES 22
Anonymous
Not applicable
kevin wrote:
Hate them?
Yes, hate them...
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ah ha! Thanks.
Anonymous
Not applicable
David wrote:
And not always consistent
I've noticed this too, not consistent. Personal opinion of mine? Get rid of it!
Karl Ottenstein
(Moderated: Merged two identical topics and put into the Working in AC forum - Construc Doc forum inappropriate as these things do not print anyway. Apologies about slight disconnect in the flow of the conversation resulting from the merger.)
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Karl Ottenstein
I like the idea of being able to see the anchors for ALL anchored objects. But, columns - for which the anchor is as important to me as for text - do NOT display their anchor. So, this new option seems half-baked.

I agree that the big "+" sign is a bad choice. A little colored anchor symbol, like in Dreamweaver (e.g.), and which has its own display option, would be a welcome thing.

Karl
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Fran_ois Chatelain
Contributor
Hi there,
I don't have AC 13 yet, but doesn't the "+" sign show the anchor point of the text block?
That could prove handy when editing multiple text blocks...
Just thinking out loud, so don't shoot the messenger 😉

Cheers
Francois
François Chatelain
Worldwide Digital Imaging
Formerly posting as RanXerox
"A little bump will help blur your reflections"
Karl Ottenstein
François wrote:
but doesn't the "+" sign show the anchor point of the text block?
That could prove handy when editing multiple text blocks...
Yes - it shows 8 of the 9 possible anchors (the center does not show). Potentially really useful, but visually less than ideal and with no visibility control. And, only for text - not column anchors.

K
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Karl wrote:
And, only for text - not column anchors.
This would also be useful for Objects.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Haneef Tayob
Booster
François wrote:
Just thinking out loud, so don't shoot the messenger 😉
Don't shoot me - this was one of the items on my wish list.

I'm glad it's in, but agree with view that it should be softened up in appearance.
Haneef Tayob
Aziz Tayob Architects
AC23 INT rel 3003, OS X 10.14.6 iMac 3.3ghz i5 dual monitor, 24GB RAM
Chazz
Enthusiast
I just wish the anchors applied to placed drawings (particularly in layouts) as well as text.
Nattering nabob of negativism
2023 MBP M2 Max 32GM. MaxOS-Current