Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

Task message VS text message

Anonymous
Not applicable
On page 28 of the collaboration guide, it talks about sending "simple text messages." How is this done? It does not explain how to do this, nor can I find it anywhere. I know how to send a "task message" through the teamwork palette, but the "text message" is supposed to pop up on someone's screen, not be inconspicuously hidden in the teamwork palette like a task message is...

Help?
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable
No one?

Karl? Laszlo?
Brett Brown
Advocate
Perhaps if you post in the right forum you might get an answer
Imac, Big Sur AC 20 NZ, AC 25 Solo UKI,
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks, very helpful.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Steven wrote:
On page 28 of the collaboration guide, it talks about sending "simple text messages." How is this done? It does not explain how to do this, nor can I find it anywhere. I know how to send a "task message" through the teamwork palette, but the "text message" is supposed to pop up on someone's screen, not be inconspicuously hidden in the teamwork palette like a task message is...

Help?
Karl is on the road so he may not be able to check the Talk frequently.

Just select the Users you want to send the message to in the Users panel of the Teamwork Palette, right-click and select Send Message from the context menu. Or click the Sen Message button at the bottom of the Users panel of the Teamwork Palette (third button from right).
Then type your Message and send them.
It is possible to define an optional Task for them to perform when they receive the Message. If you select Receive Changes, for example, such a command button will appear in their Message from you. They can read your message, see that they need to Receive changes and they can just click the Receive Changes button in the Message Box to do it.
Teamwork-SendMessage.png
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Karl Ottenstein
Thanks, Laszlo. I'm kind of back (conference most of the rest of the week)...

Steve asked about the pop-up message - and you get that by sending the message as Laszlo indicates - a cute little spiral bound pop-up in your main workspace. It appears for only a few seconds unless the priority has been set to high in which case it stays on the screen.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl wrote:
Steve asked about the pop-up message - and you get that by sending the message as Laszlo indicates - a cute little spiral bound pop-up in your main workspace. It appears for only a few seconds unless the priority has been set to high in which case it stays on the screen.

Karl
Ok, I just tried it per Laszlo's instructions. I right click on the user in the teamwork palette, and click send message. It does not pop up on the main workspace, it shows on the other team members screen in the teamwork palette under the message section. Am I doing something wrong? This is not a "pop up" message...
Anonymous
Not applicable
Oh - forget the last comment. Got it to work, it took a minute the first time but now they are popping up immediately. Thanks!
Anonymous
Not applicable
It seems now though that even when I send a message through the normal channels (click send message in the teamwork palette), it will pop up on the team members screen for a few seconds, as well as show up in the teamwork palette. This is normal? Is the duplicity supposed to happen?
Eduardo Rolon
Change the Priority so that they stay put. If i remember correctly normal messages Pop in at regular intervals, High Priority stay on screen until dismissed.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator