BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Archicad and Calculation menu

Anonymous
Not applicable
I wonder how many ArchiCAD users really need/use the calculation menu.
I myself ,although i know how to use it (it took me 2 days to learn it), i have never really need it or ,even more, use it.
23 REPLIES 23
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am using Revit and Archicad . How can Revit import and export into Archicad ? also Archicad ? Some of Archicad tool is the difference in Revit Tools have some problems.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
IFC is the most potent option.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Peter Bennison
Contributor
Struggling with the Interactive Scheduler, not sure even what it's called exactly in my French copy, see comparison my menu screen shot and menu from Tom Waltz's very helpful Scheduler notes (though I see that these date back to 2005).

Regards from Paris
Archicad 21 FR MacBook 2.5 Ghz Intel Core i7 16Mo RAM MacOS Sierra
Peter Bennison
Contributor
With attachments I hope
Peter Bennison
Contributor
Oh I see only one attachment per reply
Karl Ottenstein
Bon Jour, Peter,

When introduced in AC 8, they were called Interactive Schedules. Now they are simply called Element Schedules, Component Schedules and Project Indexes (Indices for those of us who spell it that way).

If not in your menus, you can add them via the Work Environment, but I typically find, create and modify schedules via the Navigator/Organizer.

I do not know what it will say in French, but the attached screenshot shows the icons that you should see. Right-click, then click Scheme Settings to create a new schedule, or edit the settings for an existing one. Otherwise, existing schedules can be viewed double-clicking on them in Project Navigator / Organizer.

Karl
schemes.png
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Peter Bennison
Contributor
Thanks Karl, hard to keep up with each AC version sometimes !
Peter Bennison
Contributor
OK, getting places with the interactive scheduler. But how best to transfer schedule schemes from one project to another ? I know that you can use the organiser to go and get layouts etc from other pln files, but the schedule schemes live in the project map itself, which is always greyed out when in the organiser window ? Have to do a project merge to get hold of this info, or even some interesting default lists found in templates supplied by Graphisoft ?

With thanks,

Peter
Karl Ottenstein
In the scheme settings dialog, you'll see export and import buttons.

You can only export one schedule XML at a time... but when you go to import them into another project, you can select all of the ones that you want and import with one click.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
cmacd
Booster
Is anyone actively using ArchiCAD for complete quantity takeoffs for costing and ordering for residential homes?
I've been using schedules for windows and doors etc. but need to go a whole lot further and attach costs and properties to cover all construction costs and quantiites.
Should be easy, eh?!
Rich Matthews

Mac Pro (2013) 3.5 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5/ 32.0 GB RAM, Cinema HD 30” & 4K 27” Monitors; AC24 AUS Full/Mac OS X 10.13.6
PC AMD Ryzen 7 3700x 3.9 GHz 8-core 32GB; 4K 32” Monitor ; AC25 AUS Full/Twinmotion 2021.1/Win10
Learn and get certified!