BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

2d representation library fills

Anonymous
Not applicable
everytime we place a library part there is always a solid fill. is there a setting to set the default 2d representation of the library part to not have a solid fill?
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable
The color of the fill depends on whether or not the "Enable object's pens" is checked in the 2d representation setting. The color isn't the problem. We found out that since the files we've been working on are bases we've used from older AC versions, the fill type for the 2d representation is different on the older versions than the current AC12 version (fill #85 "background fill"). So, when we open old files on the new AC12 with AC12 library the objects are using the old version settings (fill #85 "100%").

As far as the background "pen" is concerned (Gerald), you may just have to select all library parts on your drawing and change the background pen to 91.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there a a way (a script maybe?.. i'm grasping at straws here) to globally change the default background pen to be 91 (white) again?
You could go into the pen sets and create one of your own. You would have to click on the pen you want to change, 91 for example. The selected pen set will change to "Custom". Click "Edit Color". Then choose the color you want for that pen and click OK. You will have to know the pen numbers of the pens that you use and do these steps for each of them. Then click "Store As" To save the pen set. Then you just need to make sure that you set this pen set current for all relevant views. Even if you have several commonly used pens this proccess shouldn't take to long.

Doug
Anonymous
Not applicable
I seem to have the same, but different problem. Working on a drawing file created in AC 10, now working in 12, all my 12 library parts are pre-set with vapor barrier in the solid black pen.

I was wondering about the "global: re-set as well...
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,
Setting the default parameters for the objects can be made
by converting the library to XML with the library developer
toolkit. After the conversion the parameters can be tweaked with
regular expressions.

We have converted all our libraries to use desired defaults
and this is a huge time saver. No need to adjust the pens
or fills at all.

A typical manufacturer's library contains only a few parameters
and the conversion takes only a few minutes even if there are
hundreds of objects.
Graphisoft's libraries take essentially longer because they are
not uniform, for example there are hundreds of different pen
parameters only. That being the case the conversion for our needs
takes a couple of hours to get satisfactory results ie. 95% no need to
adjust anything when placing an object.

Our objects have "Empty" fill, zero as the fill pen and white
as the fill background pen. This works nicely with Dwg conversion too.

Mac folks can use Applescript + BBedit or similar text tool to
automate the process.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Good grief. How did it get that way in the first place?
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
Juha wrote:
Hello,
Setting the default parameters for the objects can be made
by converting the library to XML with the library developer
toolkit. After the conversion the parameters can be tweaked with
regular expressions.
Juha -- Any suggestions on where to look to begin learning about this process? I looked through the developer toolkit and it made my head spin -- If I just knew where to start it might help. Thanks -- LJY.
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
ztaskai
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Laura wrote:
Juha -- Any suggestions on where to look to begin learning about this process? I looked through the developer toolkit and it made my head spin -- If I just knew where to start it might help. Thanks -- LJY.
Yeah, we don't have any good documentation published about this. Refer to the following examples which were written for MS Visual Studio. The expressions can vary depending on the dialect used by your tool/editor.

Setting numeric parameters

Setting all gs_wallhole_hotspots parameters with the value of 0 to 1:

Find what:
{ Name="gs_wallhole_hotspots"\>(.|\n~( Name=))@\<Value.@\>}0{\</Value\>}
Replace with:
\11\2
Setting all gs_wallhole_hotspots parameters to 1:

Find what:
{ Name="gs_wallhole_hotspots"\>(.|\n~( Name=))@\<Value.@\>}.@{\</Value\>}
Replace with:
\11\2
Setting string type parameters

Setting all gs_sill_type parameter with the value of 'Brick' to 'Stone':

Find what:
{ Name="gs_sill_type"\>(.|\n~( Name=))@\<Value.@\>\<!\[CDATA\["}Brick{"\]\]\>\</Value\>}
Replace with:
\1Stone\2
Setting all gs_sill_type parameters to 'Stone':

Find what:
{ Name="gs_sill_type"\>(.|\n~( Name=))@\<Value.@\>\<!\[CDATA\["}.@{"\]\]\>\</Value\>}
Replace with:
\1Stone\2

Plus, you can find a tutorial about regular expressions here: http://www.regular-expressions.info/tutorial.html

HTH,
Zsolt
Zsolt Táskai
ArchiCAD Development - GDL Team
AC13, AC14 and upwards...
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi guys, i have very recently started using Archicad as part of my course, but am having a similar issue in that a lot of the library parts are solid black fill when viewing in 2D! i have only very recently installed Archicad 20 and Cadimage so am going to assume i am all up-to-date! can someone offer a solution to a learner user Jon
Learn and get certified!