BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Artlantis 3 announced

Karl Ottenstein
Abvent has just announced Artlantis 3 on their web site along with some movies:
http://www.artlantis.com/index.php?page=products/news

The demo version is already available for download.

I've been testing this version for several months now and am quite happy with new features as well as what feels like a really responsive and stable interface.

One of the things I have been the happiest about is that Artlantis now supports layers. ArchiCAD layers transfer with the model, and more layers can be created within Artlantis 3 for placed objects. Visibility of layers is associated with each saved camera (view), so that we can now generate a batch of images with different visible elements.

The animated clouds and water add a great deal more realism to certain animations that otherwise might have looked a little odd with a static sky and water. Even a still shot of a building with water in the foreground becomes an interesting "animation" with the water rippling and the clouds and perhaps sun moving. A sun study no longer looks odd when the clouds stay in the same position from dusk to dawn - but you need to be careful not to move them so quickly that your audience gets motion sickness. 😉 Check out the movie on the site above - not only is the water impressive - the textures on the building that the camera finally rests on are quite nice!

I confess that I only tested Artlantis 3 with exterior views. Someone who has tried the new interior lighting fall-offs will have to tell you about them.

You can also export your Artlantis model for the first time in standard 3D formats. (But, a "burned" version of the shaders/illumination is not part of that process.)

Check out the full feature list. 😉

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
3 REPLIES 3
Achille Pavlidis
Enthusiast
Karl wrote:
Abvent has just announced Artlantis 3
One of the things I have been the happiest about is that Artlantis now supports layers. ArchiCAD layers transfer with the model, and more layers can be created within Artlantis 3 for placed objects. Visibility of layers is associated with each saved camera (view), so that we can now generate a batch of images with different visible elements.
That's really great news!!!!
Mac OSX 13.6.6 | AC 27 INT 5003 FULL
Anonymous
Not applicable
have found a few things about it on the web, but their site seems to be down at the moment, updating maybe????

does look good though. hope they have rectified a few but annoying issues from 2.

Anonymous
Not applicable
LAYERS! Finally
Learn and get certified!