Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

Task message VS text message

Anonymous
Not applicable
On page 28 of the collaboration guide, it talks about sending "simple text messages." How is this done? It does not explain how to do this, nor can I find it anywhere. I know how to send a "task message" through the teamwork palette, but the "text message" is supposed to pop up on someone's screen, not be inconspicuously hidden in the teamwork palette like a task message is...

Help?
12 REPLIES 12
Karl Ottenstein
Steven wrote:
It seems now though that even when I send a message through the normal channels (click send message in the teamwork palette), it will pop up on the team members screen for a few seconds, as well as show up in the teamwork palette. This is normal? Is the duplicity supposed to happen?
Yes / normal. The cool pop-up (fades in and stays translucent on Mac at least) is an 'attention getter' (and stays put if high priority). The message center in the TW palette is the permanent archive of all messages - you can read, archive, delete, respond with the buttons there. It is often the case that so many messages come at once that you may notice the pop-up, but still need to go through your TW inbox.

The element messages are similar, but happen when you request someone else's reserved elements or assign elements to someone else.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Got it Karl, thanks.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
The following checkbox of the Work Environment Dialog controls whether these messages appear for you or not.
If it is turned off, they will not appear on screen, only in the Message panel of the Teamwork Palette. Not even the ones with high priority will appear in that case.
But it looks to me like it becomes effective only after I restart ArchiCAD. When I unchecked it I still the messages on the screen. After I closed and restarted ArchiCAD, it worked fine. That may not be the way it is supposed to work.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27