BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Windows Transformed to Corner Windows all by themselves

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a file that is teamworked in AC12 running on MAC intel build 2675.
recently noticed all windows in the file are now corner window objects. The file has never had a corner window placed in it. Check a backup from several weeks ago and all windows are standard window objects.

1. Has anyone seen this before?
2. Is there a way to transform a corner window object back to a standard window object?

thanks.
2 REPLIES 2
Ingolf
Advocate
I have had this problem with my work on Grethe's House, my training Books in ArchiCAD. Windows in the House in one occation suddenly and without any warning transformed themselves into Corner Windows.
If you have a Backup, I would have deleted all the Corner Windows in your Bug ridden file. Then go to the Backup File and copy your Windows. Go back to your File without Windows and press Ctrl+V (Paste). Then your old and correct Windows will take the place of the former Corner Windows.
Ingolf Sundfør, Bricklayer, Author of several Real Life Problem Solving Books for Archicaddicts in Norway.
PC/i7/W11/ArchiCAD 6.5-27
Erika Epstein
Booster
1. Set up a favorite of the correct window if you don't already have one.
2. Then select all the corner windows and double click the favorite.

3. This will turn all the corner windows into the correct type and preserve and linked information such as dimensions in all views.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Learn and get certified!