BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Archicad 13 Glitchiness . . .

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have installed 13 this morning and opened up my project I have been working on with it- I just thought I would start a thread with the issues I have been noticing thus far.

1. Layer Combinations- When I am switching between views and I switch to a 3D document view my layer combination changes, there are three layers that keep turning on that aren't supposed to be on, and I turn them off and then I update the combination and next time i switch to a view with that Layer combination it is switched back again.

2. When I am changing my complex profiles I find that it bogs my computer down and it freezes a little.
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't know exactly how it's called in english. The little window that (if enabled) appears every time I do a 3D view or a elevation. I attach a screenshot of my Archicad where I enable/disable it. Hope it helps...
Karl Ottenstein
Aha! The progress window.

I cannot reproduce the bug on my Mac Pro (8 core). Same elevation generations times when disabling / enabling layers whether the progress window is enabled or not.

If you measure in seconds with and without the progress window, how big of a slow down are you seeing - repeating exactly the same steps on the same elevation?

Thanks,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl wrote:
If you measure in seconds with and without the progress window, how big of a slow down are you seeing - repeating exactly the same steps on the same elevation?
On MacPro, the same elevation goes from 2/3 seconds to 10/11 seconds.
With MacBook Pro, there isn't any appreciable difference.
Karl Ottenstein
Ouch. Pretty weird. Sounds like something to report through your tech support channel. They will want a PLA of the project, etc.'

Good weekend,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Jesikuh123 wrote:
1. Layer Combinations- When I am switching between views and I switch to a 3D document view my layer combination changes, there are three layers that keep turning on that aren't supposed to be on, and I turn them off and then I update the combination and next time i switch to a view with that Layer combination it is switched back again.
Just today I experiencing this issue too.

And I found another, even no specifically Archicad 13 related: if I add skirting to complex profiled walls, doors offsets from the wall (tried with AC13 with 12 and 13 door object). I think they shouldn't because skirting is outside wall depth. Look attachment for better explanation...
Anonymous
Not applicable
Try raising the door (skirting) a 1/16th inch (1mm?) off the floor with C.P. walls.
Been doing this since 12 came out.
Works here anyway.
lec
Learn and get certified!