Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Problem with Pan Function on Mouse Wheel

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have two Logitech programable mouses; a LX7 Cordless Optical Mouse and a MX610 Laser Cordless Mouse. I have the same problem with both. When holding down the mouse wheel the Pan function does not work. I only get a flicker showing the line cut command. I have the same problem with both mouses on different computers. Both of these mouses are programable, but the wheel in the down position does not show up as a function nor is it listed. Any ideas???
4 REPLIES 4
Eduardo Rolon
I have seen this on my Mac and the problem is that the system looses its connection to the mouse, opening the Mouse utility and selecting reconnect fixes the problem. If you have tried with different mice try to move the USB transmitter to another port.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Ingolf
Advocate
Hello Sonnyw!

My students often have this problem with the mouse wheel and the Pan function. Sometimes you fix it by going to the Control Panel - Mouse - Wheel and assign it to Middle Button (which you obviously have tried). Sometimes there is several extra Buttons near the Wheel that may have the Pan function. And: Have you tried to use the original CD of the Mouse and install it?
Ingolf Sundfør, Bricklayer, Author of several Real Life Problem Solving Books for Archicaddicts in Norway.
PC/i7/W11/ArchiCAD 6.5-27
Gerald Hoffman
Booster
Hi Sonny,

I have had problems in the past with new versions of Logitech Mouseware and have had to go back to an older version. If you have the option perhaps try going back to an older version to see if you still have the problem.

Cheers,
Gerald
"The simplification of anything is always sensational" GKC
AC 25-4013 USA, CadImage Tools
2019 MacBook Pro 16" w/ AMD Radeon Pro 5600M GPU
OS X 11.6
2.4 Ghz 8 core i9, 64 GB RAM
27" LG 5K Monitor
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks, for the input guys. I give it another try by opening up the Setpoint software and changed the "Roll" button (which is the default) to "Middle Button". Voila, it works. Now that that's fixed, I can enjoy using these programable mouses' other functions.