BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Structural add-ins?

KeesW
Advocate
OK, we've got a mech add-in in MEP. Are there any structural add-ins in the pipeline?
Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

cornelis wegman architects
AC 5 - 26 Dell XPS 8940 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD 2TB HD RTX 3070 GPU
Laptop: AC 24 - 26 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD RTX 3070 GPU
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
There was a press release a few weeks back about ArchiCAD and Tekla teaming up. I've no idea what this actually means, so we will have to wait until more information is released. Here's the thread with links to the press release and a future webinar -

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=153227
KeesW
Advocate
Thanks Peter. I've registered for the Webinar. It will be held @6am New York time, 4 November.
Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

Anonymous
Not applicable
Anything of interest mentioned in the webinar, Kees? I missed it!
KeesW
Advocate
Peter
The Tekla webinar was informative. It focussed on the placement of, and modifications to, exposed columns in a large public or office building. The co-operation between ArchiCad and Tekla uses IFC's which, of course, each can read. It seemed to need a lot of steps by the user to make it happen.

I was disappointed that the connection wasn't more direct so that it could be used as design tool by architects. I don't know how it compares with other CAD interfaces such as Revit Architecural and Revit Structural. Maybe AC13/Tekla's process is par for the course.
Kees
Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

Anonymous
Not applicable
Peter wrote:
Anything of interest mentioned in the webinar, Kees? I missed it!

it is recorded you can watch it

https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/264841259
Learn and get certified!