Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

How to change layer combinations in AC13 teamwork??

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm trying to change layer combinations in AC13 teamwork. I can reserve layers by clicking on the reserve button below, and I understand that reserves all the layers, but the Update button under layer combinations is grayed out no matter what I do.

Help?!?!
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable
Is it the same like in AC 12 that is only team leader can change it ?
cheers
Karl Ottenstein
Steven wrote:
I'm trying to change layer combinations in AC13 teamwork. I can reserve layers by clicking on the reserve button below, and I understand that reserves all the layers, but the Update button under layer combinations is grayed out no matter what I do.

Help?!?!
You probably created your user account as an "Architect" rather than "Lead Architect", assuming that you used the default user Roles and did not create a new Role.

In the defaults, only the Lead Architect has the ability to modify combos. An architect can create new layers and combos in those defaults, but not delete or modify. See attached screenshot reached from your BIM Server manager > Roles group Settings or Create buttons.

Hope that's it, anyway.

Cheers,
Karl
Roles.png
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
I believe I found it. You have to be team architect in the BIM server to be able to change layer combinations. You have to have the BIM server administrator change your settings, then force you to leave, then resign into the project.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl wrote:
You probably created your user account as an "Architect" rather than "Lead Architect", assuming that you used the default user Roles and did not create a new Role.
You beat me by a minute Karl!!!!!!!!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks! This also fixes my other problem.... same issue.

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=29785&highlight=
Karl Ottenstein
Good news on both counts! 🙂

Of course you can create custom roles, also, or customize the ones that are there - such as giving Architects the ability to delete/modify layers and combos (but not, e.g., draftsmen).

I do not know (want to test?) if you are signed in under the Architect role and an admin adds a new ability (such as delete/modify), if that ability is immediately available to the signed-in user, or if they have to do a send/receive or something...

Karl
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Karl wrote:
Good news on both counts! 🙂

Of course you can create custom roles, also, or customize the ones that are there - such as giving Architects the ability to delete/modify layers and combos (but not, e.g., draftsmen).

I do not know (want to test?) if you are signed in under the Architect role and an admin adds a new ability (such as delete/modify), if that ability is immediately available to the signed-in user, or if they have to do a send/receive or something...

Karl
I think if there is a change in the Role the User has to Leave the Project, then Join again. Only then will the Role changes take effect.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
laszlonagy wrote:
I think if there is a change in the Role the User has to Leave the Project, then Join again. Only then will the Role changes take effect.
Yes, I can confirm that.
Karl Ottenstein
Thanks. Too bad it is not dynamic.

Cheers,
Karl