BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Seeing object in more than three stories...

Anonymous
Not applicable
at the settings dialog box of any object, i saw at the Floor and plan options, choise: Show at: Home, Home and up story, Home and one up and one down story, All stories, All relevant stories...

This what i want to do: I want one object to be showen at all upper stories(form the first one, to the 7th), except on floor story. How can i do that?

Thanks.
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable
unfortunately objects do not have a custom Show on Stories like the slabs have. You can use All Stories and then use different layer combinations . . .
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the reply. I haven`t quite understand you. Do you mean, to set the objects to be viewable to all stories, and then on the specific story (in my case, floor story) where i don`t want to be viewable just to turn off the layer, wich is set for that object?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, that is what I mean.
Anonymous
Not applicable
This what i want to do: I want one object to be showen at all upper stories(form the first one, to the 7th), except on floor story. How can i do that?

Thanks.

1.Select the element to be shown at all stories.
2.At home story hide the object with an empty fill, make sure to bring the fill to the front. The fill must not have enclosing line (turn it off on fill settings)
Thats it!
Aussie John
Newcomer
Make a copy of your library object, and open it up. Find the 2D script and at the very beginning add this.
if GLOB_CH_STORY_DIST = 0 
hotspot2 0, 0
end
endif
I haven't done any scripting for a while and whilst it should work, you never know until testing (which I cant do just now).

Anyway this is saying: if the storey you are viewing is the storey where it is placed; stop the script and put a hotspot in its place. On other storeys it should be visible. Make sure object is set to show on all storeys or you will be placing an invisible object.

You can fine tune this by adding parameters and substituting the 0 for the parameter (and use > or < syntax instead or = to show above or below only) or add a parameter to turn the feature on or off.
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks both of you for the asnwers, jocontreras and Aussie John.

@ jocontreras: wich "fill" have you ment to?

@ Aussie John, thanks for answer man, i see that you are realy involved with the programming, but unfortunatly, i haven`t undetstood you quite.
Anyway this is saying: if the storey you are viewing is the storey where it is placed; stop the script and put a hotspot in its place
what`s the "hotspot"? I can see that it appears in the code you gave me, but how can i "put it on its place"?
How can i "stop the script"?

Also, the code you gave me:
if GLOB_CH_STORY_DIST = 0
hotspot2 0, 0
end
endif
Wich of these zeros, is related to the ground floor? Changing wich zero will result in disapearing the object at specific floor? (i supose the "0" is for ground floor, "1" for first floor and so on...)

Thanks for the help, and sorry for disturbance and inconvinience.
Aussie John
Newcomer
if GLOB_CH_STORY_DIST = 0 -

Glob_CH_STORY_DIST is the storey you are looking in plan view. The storey the object is placed is 0 therefore this says if the storey in plan view is the objects home storey.

This is an if statement telling the script to only do the next commands if the statement is true.

Hotspot2 0,0 - places a selectable hotspot at he origin of the object.

End - tells the script to end that dont show on the plan

endif - tells it is the end of the if statement

hope that helps
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry for the delay, I meant backgound fill (on 12)
bring this fill to front on display order
It will hide anything underneath, yet it wont show up on your drawings
Learn and get certified!