BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Old Library New Library

Anonymous
Not applicable
Im working on a project that had an earlier phase completed using AC10. This new phase is of course using the library from AC12. Is there a way to somehow 'merge' the old library into the AC12 library so that I don't have to load the entire AC10 library???
3 REPLIES 3
Erika Epstein
Booster
There is on the graphisoft site an AC10 subset library meant for simultaneous loading with later libraries.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
ztaskai
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Yes, you should follow Erika's advice.

Using Subset a.k.a Migration libraries isn't a migration nirvana but they provide two very important advantages.

First of all, you can access all previous and new elements in your projects without an error-prone duplicatied-element-situation. Second, migration libraries are 'finalized' to the latest ArchiCAD so for example Migtation Library 11 is faster in AC12 than the original ArchiCAD Library 11.

If you encounter any problems using the migration libraries, please let us know.

Regards,
Zsolt
Zsolt Táskai
ArchiCAD Development - GDL Team
AC13, AC14 and upwards...
Anonymous
Not applicable
If you want to take some time up front but save a lot of time in the future, you can open up Archicad 10 and save each of the objects you use in the Archicad 10 library as separate objects in your own custom folder. Then, move the custom folder to a location where Archicad 12 can view it. I've done that, and it works fine. That way, drawings in earlier Archicad versions load up fine in later versions with the older objects.

If you need help placing objects in a custom folder and getting Archicad to locate them, go to the following for instructions:

http://gdl.qwsoftdraw.com/QWGDL-FAQ.aspx#InstallGDL

HTH
Learn and get certified!