Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Parking Lot

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi..is there any way to create in GDL an object made by lines in 2d and in the script configure some parameter to obtain an auto numbering of the object, so when i delete one the other objects placed in the floor plan automatically change?, this way i can place this parking lot and always have the number of objects placed?, i dont know if i really made right the question because i speak spanish and my english its very poor....thanks!!
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes. You can do this with more advanced programming. Take the Archicad Railing for instance. It automatically fills in the correct number of vertical slats in the railing based on the spacing the user enters for each vertical slat and the total length of the Railing. You could create an object that has a Parameter for the Number of Parking Lines and a Parameter for the Distance Between Parking Lines. The routine would then make an object that draws the correct number of lines at the correct spacing with numbers in between each space (if you're wanting to number the parking spaces). It would automatically number each space starting at a number you assign it. This could be done for lines that are parallel to each other like most parking spaces are.

Hope this helps.
Eduardo Rolon
You know that there is a Parking Lot Object in the Library already? You can use it as a template to start.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Barry Kelly
I think Trex may be wanting to place 2 or more separate parking objects on a plan.
Then if he deletes one the others all re-number accordingly.
I don't think that would be possible to automate as objects can't relate to each other.
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
ztaskai
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Barry wrote:
Then if he deletes one the others all re-number accordingly.
I don't think that would be possible to automate as objects can't relate to each other.
Barry.
Exactly. Using user globals for this purpose is totally indeterministic (they should be set from the master GDL only). You need parameters for the staring numbers and then you have to set them separately.

The object in the library is quite smart one but is serves just one specific need. I'm afraid you need to place an individual object instance for each row in your parking lot - in case you don't have a regular raster...

Regs,
Zsolt
Zsolt Táskai
ArchiCAD Development - GDL Team
AC13, AC14 and upwards...
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Folks,

I think one could create a single object with an array of lots, with status(on/off), x&y position and rotation individual parameters...

With a simple lot counter inside a loop it could give the total number of lots and distribute along the "active" lots...

I think its pretty doable...

HTH.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Theres a numbering tag that is sequential. I downloaded from archiradar ages ago.....
Its noy what you lookig for but it help a great deal...
Anonymous
Not applicable
Theres a numbering tag that is sequential. I downloaded from archiradar ages ago.....
Its not what you lookig for but it help a great deal...